Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
Trapt888
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Default Regeneration

When a card would normally be squished, but for whatever reason is moved to the stash, I.e. The rangers power, is the card stashed face up? Also, if that happens," and the card has an ability that happens on survival, does that count as having survived?
Trapt888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
unstashed
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Default Re: Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapt888 View Post
When a card would normally be squished, but for whatever reason is moved to the stash, I.e. The rangers power, is the card stashed face up? Also, if that happens," and the card has an ability that happens on survival, does that count as having survived?
Regenerate
A keyword ability. When this is squished, it is stashed face-down instead of moved to the discard pile. This is an interrupt that takes effect before the card is moved to the discard pile.

Also, it doesn't survive; otherwise, it wouldn't need to be regenerated. To regenerate, the condition of being squished must be met.
__________________
Check out my Munchkin CCG fan site: www.unstashed.net
unstashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:24 AM   #3
MIB.6361
 
MIB.6361's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.
Default Re: Regeneration

If a monster is face-up in your stash, can you use it's Regenerate ability OR use a Rangers ability to prevent it from being Squished when damage is done to it while it's in the Stash?


I'm pretty sure you can do this and it's how I've always played it, but I wanted to be sure and I haven't found many discussions confirming it either way.
__________________
Jessie/MIB 6361
Arizona Men in Black Cell Leader

Last edited by MIB.6361; 09-21-2018 at 01:28 AM.
MIB.6361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
Aleph
Administrator
 
Aleph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Central Network
Default Re: Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
If a monster is face-up in your stash, can you use it's Regenerate ability OR use a Rangers ability to prevent it from being Squished when damage is done to it while it's in the Stash?
As seen above, a card with the Regenerate ability may trigger that ability upon being squished.

The Ranger's hero ability begins with "Use when one of your Monsters is squished." So it may also be triggered.

So you may use either one to Regenerate the squished monster. But note, they do not technically prevent the monster from being squished. They only change it's destination after being squished.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
MIB.6361
 
MIB.6361's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.
Default Re: Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
But note, they do not technically prevent the monster from being squished. They only change it's destination after being squished.
Thank you for the answer.

And that is an important clarification.

I was in a tournament recently that handled this incorrectly so "When a Monster is Squished" abilities weren't triggered if they were Regenerated.

Thanks again!
__________________
Jessie/MIB 6361
Arizona Men in Black Cell Leader
MIB.6361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.