Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 01-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #1431
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

GM: “It’s like being from Hell and visiting New Jersey. It’s a different kind of Hell.”

--

Contessa: “I’m not a succubus! I brandish my whip in defiance.”

--

01: “That would be a terrible warning shot.”
GM: “It was a German warning shot!”

--

Contessa: “The werewolf’s back is to me? I’ll transform for that precious DR.”

--

GM: “It’s a bad day to be a Nazi, apparently.”
Thane: “It’s always a bad day to be a Nazi.”

--

Thane: “Decisions . . . which should I use as a suppository for this Nazi machine gunner? His friend’s helmet, or this grenade he fumbled?”

--

Thane: “We need to find the cellar. Labs are always in the cellar.”
GM: “You are not wrong.”

--

GM: “It is not a nudist, and you are not a carnie, but you, absolutely, can ride the treant.”

--

GM: “Achtung! Aw, crap!”

--

Achim (NPC): “No, we’re not interested in being mounts or mules.”
Contessa: “It’s more like being a family.”
Achim (NPC): “We’re not interested in being in the family way.”

--

Contessa: “Mecha-Werewolf vs Robo-Hitler!”

--

Adam: “The Jig! She is up!”

--

GM: “And we will end it here.”
Thane: “Hip deep in demons. Ooh, that would be a good name for next episode.”
Contessa: “Or, ‘we will not-zee them again!’”
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #1432
Icelander

As the notoriously Pitiable, Hollywood-Homely, mousy and reserved assistant librarian Damsel-in-Distress PC, Alice Talbot, was finally giving her statement to the police the day after her abduction and apparent rescue, she was, obviously, being treated with kid gloves. Nevertheless, some questions were inevitable.

Detective Kelly: "I'm very sorry to have to ask you this again, but was there ever any connection or relationship between you and your kidnapper, when you were both at UC Berkeley? Or might have have erroneously believed that there was some such relationship or connection?"
Alice (PC): "No. He was just a friend of some people I knew. I barely spoke with him and only knew him as 'Crash', because of some old story about him, when he got drunk and smashed some tables. Before my time and not a very funny story, even."
Kelly: "Did you know his parents or where he lived on campus?"
Alice: "Not really. I assumed he had parents, but I never spoke with him long enough for him to mention them. I told you, he was never really my friend, just a weird dude who'd been an undergraduate for ever and was finally a graduate student... in physics, I think. Or philosophy. Or both."
Kelly: "Do you know why he changed his focus from theoretical physics to geophysics?"
Alice: "God no. Why, is that relevant?"
Kelly: "We don't know, but we do know that that is why he left the university, after he was somehow offered a chance for a position as a graduate assistant at a Russian research station in Antarctica."
Alice: "Oh, wow. I guess I just heard he changed fields again and went somewhere for a research gig. I never knew it was Russian or, like, in Antarctica."
Detective Cartwright: "Before he left, it seems the man who kidnapped you changed his name, to the one we found on his ID documents yesterday, Janus Eremus. Do you know why he would have done that?"
Alice: "No, I told you, I never even knew his name. He never went by anything other than 'Crash'."
Kelly: "Before he changed it, his name was Aquarius Love Dandelet-Tripplehorn."
Alice (shocked giggle): "Well, doesn't that answer why he'd change his name?"
Kelly: "I'll admit it's not the central mystery here."
Old 01-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #1433
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Thane (OOC): “OOH! I want Mark to run a D&D game so I can make a warlock with Contessa as my patron!”

--

Thane: “How does the werewolf become a grenade?”
Contessa: “Is that anything like ‘how is a raven like a writing desk?’”
Tabby: “That sounds bad.”
Contessa: “You might be able to do it if you ate some really spicy curry.”

--

GM: “The HEMP rounds can only be replaced in a very high tech area.”
Thane: “Or just someone with weed.”
GM: “Wrong type of HEMP.”

--

Contessa: “YES! I am Contessa-Kill-Stealer of the Clan Kill-Stealer!”

--

GM: “01—Something horrible seems to be happening in there . . . and the werewolf seems to be reveling in it.”

--

GM: “2B—You’re pretty sure the amount of electricity in this room would be counter-indicated by your operations manual.”

--

GM: “I am not naming anyone ‘Asser’.”
Thane: “Why not?!”
Contessa: “They come from a long line of Assers!”
Tabby: “There has to be someone named Asser!”
Contessa: “Keep firing Assers!”

--

GM: “Contessa’s flock is growing.”
Contessa: “Now it’s more Nazis than lizardmen so . . . yay?”
01: “Not sure if that’s an improvement or a lateral move.”

--

Suzi (NPC): “You had mind-controlled Nazis? I thought was usually the other way around.”
Old 01-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #1434
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

GM: This is a plan that only a werewolf could enact.

--

GM: “In general, these guns can hurt Thane. In practice . . ..”

--

Tabby: “Grabs his butt!”
GM: “And for Tabby’s action, she grabs Adam’s butt.”
Adam: “I’m startled.”

--

Tabby: “Is that missiletoe?”
GM: “No, that’s a TOW missile.”

--

Contessa: “Where is the murder-werewolf when we need him.”
Thane: “Busy murdering!”

--

Contessa: “Then we all turned into a Katamari and rolled into the ship.”

--

And then the series ended:
“And Alice, with the power of Hope, holds back the Raven Division soldiers as both groups of Weirdos quickly board The Stalwart Empress.”

The eyes of the gathered children glistened in the campfire light with anticipation, leaning forward toward the elderly woman telling the story. With a weathered arm, she lifts a cup of tea, to her lips. Her good, blue, eye dances across the children, and glancing at the watch on her wrist.

“Oh, my. It’s later than I thought. You children must get to your sleeping bags and get some sleep.”

“But!” The cries of complaint rose from the gathered children, their faces falling into despair as the story was ending.

“But! What about Adam and Tabby? What happens with them?”
“And 2B? Does she ever get her memories back?”
“Do they prevent the coming of the Angel of Death?”

“We have time for more stories, in the future.” The story teller’s soft voice didn’t rise, and her smile never breaking.

“But, what about Mainframe? Do they save it?”
“And Thane? Will they ever tell stories about his bravery?”

The story teller’s smile widened as she surveyed the children. “What do you think we’ve been doing? There are always more stories to tell. But, now, children, to bed with you. We have a busy day tomorrow.”

The children grumbled and protested, but, ultimately, obeyed. As the last child zipped up their tent the story teller rose and stepped toward her own tent. Glancing up at the full moon and smiling.

The rustling of the trees to her side brought a smile to her face as she turned to see the tall, slender form of Anastasia stepping from the forest.

“It’s been a while, Ana,” she said with a smile.

The young woman nodded, and in a strong voice. “It has, indeed.”

The Story teller’s eye widened and she took a sharp breath. “You’re—”

The Source nodded. “I am. It’s been a long time. But, it’s time.”

The Story teller’s smile faded and she nodded. “It’s been a good life,” she said, regaining her smile, though, with a hint of sadness.

The Source stepped over to her and ran her hand through the silvered hair of the story teller. “Don’t be sad,” she says with a smile. Her fingers moving through the story teller’s hair, turning it from grey and white back to its original blonde. “It’s not your time. It’s time you went back to what you do best: Being a hero. If I could rewind three years of Carmen’s life, what makes you think I couldn’t rewind seventy of yours?”

“You mean?”

“Sherry, the multiverse always needs heroes.”

Sherry pulled off her eyepatch, revealing her golden eye. She embraced the Cosmic Will of the Macroverse. All around them, the forest shivered as the mighty engines of The Stalwart Empress brushed the trees aside as the freighter landed. Its massive cargo hatch sliding open. Todd and Pinky standing just inside the hatch, with their hands outstretched, smiling, waiting for her.

“Thank you!” Sherry cried as, once again a young girl, she ran to the starship. Once again, to join with her family, the Infinite Weirdos.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:21 PM   #1435
William

A well-concluded campaign is a jewel that takes such an amazing amount of investment to construct. Congratulations.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #1436
Phantasm

From a non-canon mini (mostly just messing around in the game channel):

<Host> "Welcome, one and all, to the first annual HYDRAthon! We have taken over the national PBS headquarters and co-opted their studio to raise funds for our next harebrained scheme at world domination! Hail HYDRA!" *stage whisper* "Can we actually say this? Oh, wait, we're *live*?"

<Meatshield> "I can't decide whether this is some bonehead's idea of setting a trap for even dumber heroes or an actual fundraiser."
<Chelsea> "It can't be both?"

After showing the never before aired second episode of Heil, Honey, I'm Home: <Host> "You know, if you send us money, we won't *have* to torture you with trash like this series!"

<Host> "We're now in hour three of the first annual HYDRAthon, and I must say, the authorities and superheroes of this town are showing *remarkable* restraint! We haven't had to shoot at *anyone* trying to enter the building!" *gunfire off-camera* "Oh, there we go! Oh, no wait, that was just Bob testing out the new M4s we have in stock. Those can be yours as well, at cost!"

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:30 PM   #1437
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
After showing the never before aired second episode of Heil, Honey, I'm Home: <Host> "You know, if you send us money, we won't *have* to torture you with trash like this series!"
"We won't have to . . . but, likely we will anyway."
Old 01-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #1438
Phantasm

<Phantasm> [ Mara is currently ... nowhere to be seen in the kitchen, though ... *rolls per checks* ... where was that blender hiding earlier? ]
* Chelsea looks to see if the blender has a soul.
<Chelsea> <ooc> I CAST DETECT EVIL ON THE BLENDER
<Meatshield> <ooc> Evil detected! A spell wasn't necessary as the smell of guacamole eminates from it's unclosed top.

<Mag> "I guess. I mean, the challenge of causing enough trouble to get put in the vault is kinda tempting..."
<Sammy> "You mean another Tuesday for you?"
<Mag> "Another Tuesday?"
<Sammy> "There is a list a mile long of things you are no longer allowed to do on Imperial station."
<Starbot> <ooc> I wonder if Skippy's List is already a thing. (Note: the year in-game is '87)

* Chelsea sniffles and wipes a tear from her eye. "My ward's volunteering to become a federal criminal for the greater good. I'm so proud!"

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 01-26-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #1439
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

GM: “The ship’s alarm has gone off!”
PD-P13: “I think, at this point, I’m required to run around going ‘BWEEEEEEE!’”
Rosalie: “Is it supposed to do that?”
GM: “The droid or the ship?”
Rosalie: “Both.”

--

Pirate 1: “Give us your stuff!”
Rosalie: “Hesitantly, but—we already gave it to him. I point to the guy on the right. And, using my Uncertain Force User ability, try to mind trick them.”

--

Pirate 2: “Ah! I am wounded, my dear!”
Rosalie: “Not yet . . ..”

--

GM: “Welcome aboard the I’ll name it later.”

--

Rosalie: “PD—do you have an ultraviolet scanner? You know . . . never mind. I don’t want to know what’s on these sheets.”

--

PD: “Well, ships don’t usually have an opinion—it’s not like they're droids or anything.”
Rosalie. “Um, okay?”

--

Rosalie: “Can you open a channel on an Imperial frequency? And then we can get the Hell out of Nar Shaddaa—because we’ve never been to Dodge.”

--

Rosalie: “I don’t see a docking bay 82 . . . but there’s a weird docking bay Z8 over there . . ..”

--

Dehr: “In my mind, the luxury liner’s name was The Gilded Hippo.”

--

Rosalie (OOC): “I don’t think we should use this as the medbay. Let’s use this one—it doesn’t open directly into space!

--

Portmaster: “Do you have anything you’d like to declare?”
Rosalie: “There’s a pirate ship behind your moon.”
PD (OOC): “There’s always a pirate ship behind the moon.”

--

Dehr: “I can put us up for the night—you guys don’t mind living in my mucous pouch, right?”
PD: “That’s counter-indicated by my operations manual.”

--

Rosalie: “We need to de-grease our hyperdrive . . . can I get a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster?”

--

Dehr: “I say ‘Dehr.’ Both as an introduction and to vomit out my organs and consume some bar peanuts.”
Rosalie: “Uh--.”
PD (OOC): “Well that’s horrifying.”

--

Twi-lek: “You’re looking for the Rebellion? They’re in the hills over yonder.”
Rosalie: “Well that doesn’t sound like a trap!”

--

Rosalie: “Aha! He’s a marketing gimmick for Used Bob’s Amazing Speeders!”
Dehr (OOC): “Bob really is his uncle.”

--

Rosalie: “Can we take this for a test-drive?”
Used-Bob: “Sure, you’ll just have to leave your droid as collateral.”
Rosalie: “He’s the only one of us who can drive.”
Dehr: “I can drive.”
Rosalie: “Hush!”
Old 02-02-2019, 06:45 PM   #1440
Fred Brackin

"Well I'm flat-footed, Baby can't you see?"

"That my hit points are one hundred and three!"

"C'mon Baby tell me the percentile chance!"

"I'm flat-footed. Yeah! Flat-footed!"

(I don't know if apologies to Foreigner will be enough. It might take an atonement.)

"I eat a Hostess Fruit Pie of Healing."

"You know Urnst has done over 300 pts of damage all by himself?"

Tags
actual play, funny