Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #1
Argendauss

Default Yuetshi Knife plus monster enhancer with a 'k'

The Yuetshi Knife is a 1H item from Conan that gives additional +3 bonus per letter 'k' in the name of the monster you are fighting. I.e. it gives +3 more against an Angry Chicken.
If a Monster Enhancer card with a 'k' in the name were played on the Angry Chicken, let's say Killer (I'm making one up for example because cards aren't in front of me), such that you are now fighting a Killer Angry Chicken, would the Yuetshi Knife give an extra +6 for the two 'k's?

Also, playing Mate on an unenhanced Angry Chicken would make two of them, and thus two 'k's, and thus +6 for the Yuetshi Knife, correct?

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-07-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Argendauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Yuetshi Knife plus monster enhancer with a 'k'

The Yuetshi Knife is worded such that every K in the name of the Monster(s) would count for +3. A Monster Enhancer does affect the name of the Monster it is played on, so that could affect the bonus. In the case of a Mate, I'm torn, but only a little. Theoretically, the Mate Monster doesn't have a name, but it's supposed to have all the same Enhancers, so that could get confusing. It's probably simpler to say, using the situation from your example, that you were facing the Angry Chicken and Angry Chicken's Mate, and get +3 for each Monster. Then if you were able to find a Monster Enhancer with a K in it (I'd found 10 in all of the Munchkin-verse before quitting), and apply it to the Angry Chicken, then each Monster would provide an additional +3 bonus to the Yuetshi Knife for each K in the Monster Enhancer.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-07-2016 at 10:58 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Argendauss

Default Re: Yuetshi Knife plus monster enhancer with a 'k'

Thanks for weighing in and for correcting the spelling. (I had Googled the word "Yueshi" to make sure I was remembering correctly and was thrown off by another apparently mispelled reference to a "yueshi" warlock on a Marvel wiki page about Zamora.)
Argendauss is offline   Reply With Quote