Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 01-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #11
Aleph
Administrator

Default Re: Some questions I haven't been able to find the answers to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
I'm still planning on picking up a starter of the game when/if it shows up at a local store, but the pre-order stuff was asking for way too much money with way too little information about the game itself.
Most local game stores will accept pre-orders for standard products that are going to be available to them (which would be different than the Warehouse23 pre-order offer) if you want to be sure they are going to stock the game.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 AM   #12
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Considering the nearest one to me is 436 miles away... not likely. the vast majority of the country aren't anywhere near one of the pre-release events, sans Wisconsin for some odd reason (I assume a SJGames employee lives in the middle of it, or something to that effect).
We selected stores _near_ our primary distributors. We have a limited number of staff we can send out, so we were forced to make store choices based on more than just "this is a good game store."

Next week, we have prerelease events in Minnesota and one in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The following week, there's a prerelease event at The Compleat Strategist in NYC. All of those locations were chosen for reasons beyond "good store!"
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:17 AM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Most local game stores will accept pre-orders for standard products that are going to be available to them (which would be different than the Warehouse23 pre-order offer) if you want to be sure they are going to stock the game.
And we posted this preorder PDF form so that anyone can print, complete, and hand over to their favorite local store.

http://munchkinccg.game/site-ccg/ass...eorderform.pdf
Old 02-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #14
Bithlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We selected stores _near_ our primary distributors. We have a limited number of staff we can send out, so we were forced to make store choices based on more than just "this is a good game store."

Next week, we have prerelease events in Minnesota and one in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The following week, there's a prerelease event at The Compleat Strategist in NYC. All of those locations were chosen for reasons beyond "good store!"
I get that there were valid reasons for any given selection. There's still none within a two hour drive for me :). I get why they are spaced where they are, but they aren't an option for me. I'd love to try the game out, and I plan on buying a starter when they show up at my local store(s), since that's the only option I have for it.

I just wish there had been a set of print and play demo decks when per-release purchases were an option so I could try it out then. *shrug* Nothing will ever please everyone, nor is everything ideal for everyone. I'm just in the (hopefully smaller) category with this particular release model I guess.
Bithlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #15
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
I get that there were valid reasons for any given selection. There's still none within a two hour drive for me :). I get why they are spaced where they are, but they aren't an option for me. I'd love to try the game out, and I plan on buying a starter when they show up at my local store(s), since that's the only option I have for it.
We're getting out to as many stores as we can, and we're not yet finished trying to organize demo events.

Keep an eye on the forums, sjgames.com, and munchkinccg.game for more announcements. Liking the Facebook page -- https://www.facebook.com/munchkinccg/ -- is another way to get info.