Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #1
Nic

Default Duration of the attributes stole be leech?

Leech don't state a duration to the attributes who you stole go off, they are permanent?
If yes, who much wold be limitation to make they temporary?
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
Plane

Default Re: Duration of the attributes stole be leech?

If you're referring to Powers 96 "Steal (Other Score)" this just means something other than HP is lowered, but still all it does is give you HP.

It's not like Steal Youth.

They also regain at rate FP normally recovers.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:44 PM   #3
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
If you're referring to Powers 96 "Steal (Other Score)" this just means something other than HP is lowered, but still all it does is give you HP.
What? I read that thing wrong the whole time? Are you sure? Steal IQ don't look worth + 300%, in Affliction Attribute Penalty IQ wold be + 10%, removing 20 IQ with only one hit wold be only +200%.
The only thing who wold make it worth that lot wold be the time to recover the attribute loss, but it still super overpriced.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #4
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
What? I read that thing wrong the whole time?
Are you sure?
"Regardless of what you steal, you heal 1 HP per 3 points drained"
"Your victim regains lost scores at the rate he recovers FP."

Quote:
Steal IQ don't look worth + 300%,
it can be really useful in the right circumstances but for the most part I agree

Quote:
in Affliction Attribute Penalty IQ wold be + 10%, removing 20 IQ with only one hit wold be only +200%.
True, though that gets a HT roll to resist with DR benefitting.

Leech doesn't get a roll to resist (unless it's ranged) which Affliction can't match... Symptoms (B109) sort of can, but operates on the % of HP or FP you can deplete rather than a fixed number regardless of foe.

Fatigue Attack (Symptoms: -1 to IQ beyond 1/3 FP +30%; -1 IQ below 1/2 FP +20%; -1 to IQ beyond 2/3 HP +10%) [16] could probably give you a cheaper "dumbing ray" and it lasts a similar length of time

As for gaining HP from people you lower the IQ of, that might be something like a symptom being healing (reflexive, uncontrollable, unconscious only, one person only) ?
Old 02-25-2021, 07:27 PM   #5
Nic

If you limit the Affliction at the point who Leech are and put Cosmic in it, probably you have a better advantage.

You are right, leech only gives you HP and FP.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=51609

But for real, what that is it doing in a advantage about steal if its not stealing something different? Did they build something as a real Steal Attribute advantage?
Old 02-25-2021, 09:57 PM   #6
Plane

Quote:
what that is it doing in a advantage about steal if its not stealing something different?
That's just how it is, it defaults as "inflict HP restore HP" but you can swap it out to "inflict FP restore HP" or "inflict HP restore FP" or "inflict FP restore FP"

the other attributes are just other subs for 'inflict'
Old 02-26-2021, 05:50 AM   #7
AlexanderHowl

Now, I could see the point of having enhancements for Leech that would increase attributes instead of recovering ER/FP/ER (with a maximum total increase equal to +100% of the vampire's own attribute). +100% for ST/HT and +300% for DX/IQ would probably be fair, though I would have any increase fade at a rate of one level per 10 minutes. For game balance issues, I would require the corresponding Steal (Attribute) enhancement as a prerequisite for the Increase (Attribute) modifier.

For example, you could have a vampire with Leech 1 (Accelerated Healing, +25%; Blood Agent, -40%; Increase ST, +100%; Steal ST, +100%) [72]. The vampire could increase their ST by one for every point of ST lost by their victim, though this would fade at a rate of 1 level per 10 minutes. If the vampire possess ST 20 and attacks two victims with ST 10, they could increase their ST to 40 by reducing their victims to ST 0. The vampire would possess ST 40 for around 10 minutes and would then suffer a fading of 1 level every ten minutes after the associated theft.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #8
Nic

I would simply leave as it is and change the interpretation of Steal (Other Score) to Really Steal as +100 and +300 look balanced and the capabilities of Leech look limited for require extended touch.

But the Atr limit look a good protection against game breaking snowballs.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:36 PM   #9
Say, it isn't that bad!

I think you are underestimating the effects of stealing just 4 IQ on a character's capability to make decisions.

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=169674

If you don't know why I said something, please ask. Assumptions are the death of courtesy.

Disappointed in the behaviour I have too-often encountered here.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:44 PM   #10
Plane

Maybe we could use DR w/ Absorbtion as a guideline and say that instead of 1 HP restored permanently you could opt for 2 character points boosting something else for 10 seconds.

Perhaps as a +20% enhancement if we assume the basic form of Leech works like the +80% absorbtion