Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-13-2014, 11:39 PM   #21
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Default Re: The GURPS Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
I think all 0-point traits are features, yes.
I would disagree with that. I wouldn't call Rank 0, which costs 0 points, a feature.

And to quote the Basic Set: "A “feature” is just a note on how the race differs cosmetically or physiologically from humanity when that difference does not grant an advantage or a disadvantage." - B452
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #22
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
I would disagree with that. I wouldn't call Rank 0, which costs 0 points, a feature.

And to quote the Basic Set: "A “feature” is just a note on how the race differs cosmetically or physiologically from humanity when that difference does not grant an advantage or a disadvantage." - B452
OK, then we should probably stick with that definition.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #23
Jürgen Hubert

Added sub-pages for:

- Racial Templates (Alphabetical)
- Racial Templates by Genre

If you feel that these genre divisions are insufficient, please tell me as soon as possible so that we can adjust them before the index page is filled out!

- Weapons by TL
- Weapons by Type

They are still very much bare-bones, but the structure should be clear. I think this structure makes sense - but once again, if you disagree please say so as soon as possible!

- Weapon Options (Alphabetical)
- Weapon Options by TL

I have decided to put weapon and ammunition options into the same lists. Do you think that's the best approach, or should they be separated?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:42 AM   #24
Jürgen Hubert

And here is my vision for how the Skill page should be structured.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 AM   #25
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

This is an incredible project that you are undertaking. I like this very, very, very much. I haven't been able to do a lot of GURPS work lately, but it's always inspiring when I see other people take on such huge projects.

This may end up negating my need for GCA 4. I really just use it as a trait sorter. I don't know how gritty you can get with this, but it would be cool to eventually be able to sort by book or points (for advantages/disadvantages), or something like that.

Either way, I'm going to keep my eye on this.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:29 AM   #26
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
This is an incredible project that you are undertaking. I like this very, very, very much. I haven't been able to do a lot of GURPS work lately, but it's always inspiring when I see other people take on such huge projects.

This may end up negating my need for GCA 4. I really just use it as a trait sorter. I don't know how gritty you can get with this, but it would be cool to eventually be able to sort by book or points (for advantages/disadvantages), or something like that.
...it's probably not going to be that detailed. This is intended as an index, and a database with search queries is beyond the scope of this project.

Last edited by Jürgen Hubert; 04-14-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Jürgen Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #27
Figleaf23
Banned

What would be extremely useful would be to create a couple of indexing dimensions that transect subject categories.

Consider perhaps indexing:

-explicit/implicit optional rules;
-instances of rule-specified die rolls;
-rule-acknowledged setting toggles;
- ...?
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #28
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
What would be extremely useful would be to create a couple of indexing dimensions that transect subject categories.

Consider perhaps indexing:

-explicit/implicit optional rules;
-instances of rule-specified die rolls;
-rule-acknowledged setting toggles;
- ...?
Give me some examples for each category in existing supplements/Pyramid issues, and I will see if I can come up with a good format for those.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #29
munin

Does wikidot support sortable tables? That might be better than having multiple pages about the same thing.
munin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #30
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Give me some examples for each category in existing supplements/Pyramid issues, and I will see if I can come up with a good format for those.
These things are not indexed in the Basic Set either, so it should be included.

An example of an explicit optional rule would be Bleeding from Martial Arts. Implicit optional rules include the disadvantage limit and the 80/20 starting wealth split.

Specified die rolls have bazillions of examples, of course.

For rule acknowledged setting toggles, I'm thinking of things like in Space, choosing your FTL paradigm, or Supers your A-D level.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote