Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
picabodaddy

Default Change Sex with Maligan Mirror

My friend and I are not sure if we are playing these card correctly, especially together. Here is the situation:

I am level 4 with both the Malign Mirror and Change Sex curse cards on me. We agree that this leaves me with a power of 1 regardless of boosts (I had the huge rock with +3 and long stick with +1). At this point I cant fight any monster. No monster can go below 1, I'm not a warrior so what can be done. The way the cards read is they do not leave until after "combat" for Change Sex" and "fight" for Malign Mirror.
What is the difference between "Fight" and "Combat" and when do these things happen. If I run from the monster, is that still "Fight" and/or "Combat"?
picabodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Change Sex with Maligan Mirror

Your combat strength, as well as the combat strength of any Monster, can, in fact, go below 1. It is Level that can't go below 1. Cursed with both Malign Mirror and Sex Change puts your combat strength at -2 (4 + 3 + 1 - 10 = -2), but you're still Level 4. If you were to play Baby (which is -5 to the Monster's combat strength) on a Level 1 Monster, its combat strength would be -4 (1 - 5 = -4), but its Level would still be 1, if, for some reason, that mattered.

Whenever you face a Monster, you have entered combat. You could also say, you fought the Monster, so both of those cards mean the same thing: The next time you face a Monster, you suffer the penalty and then you may discard the Curse and lose its effects. It does not matter if you lost to, killed, or defeated the Monster in some other way, you just have to enter combat (i.e., face a Monster) with it. Combat is fully and completely described in the rules in a rather large section, and I can't do the whole thing justice by trying to summarize it further, so if what I said above doesn't explain it enough, then reviewing the rules should be able to explain what combat is and when it happens.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
change sex, combat, fight, malign mirror