Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #41
whswhs

Default Re: Drinking During An RP Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I'm told that Coke No Sugar tastes very much like Coke Zero, but since I can't stand the taste of anything carbonated this is very much secondhand information.
I have drunk Coca-Cola Zero Sugar once. It was quite clearly no substitute; it lacked the bitter undertaste that makes Coke and Coke Zero enjoyable. I might as well have drunk Pepsi.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:59 AM   #42
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
I have drunk Coca-Cola Zero Sugar once. It was quite clearly no substitute; it lacked the bitter undertaste that makes Coke and Coke Zero enjoyable. I might as well have drunk Pepsi.
THAT. THAT exactly is why I like Coke. And why my Pepsi-loving friends hate it. To each their own etc etc.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #43
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
A proper drink selection also set the mood. A fantasy game call for mead or dark beer, with bread, cheese and sausages; sake with shadowrun, while vampire ask for beer or a fine red wine, and Cthulhu goes well with hard liquor or , alternatively, tea in fine china.
Likewise breaking out the rhum for an "at sea" episode, ...
I've done this as well. I want to try a dungeon fantasy game where potions are highly alcoholic and taste terrible. If your character drinks, you drink. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
As with everything, moderation is the key. And dont drink and drive.
Agreed 100% on the 2nd account, and almost always on the 1st. As a friend of mine was fond of saying, "Everything in moderation, including moderation."

As a player, I prefer drinking during light-heated or silly adventures, but not so much during cerebral or serious adventures. E.g. Always a drink in my hand during Dungeon Fantasy, maybe a drink during Star Trek.

As a GM, I find that after I’ve had few I’m: better at improv, more generous, less likely to keep track of things. In practice, it means I need to be well prepped ahead of time, so getting oiled up a bit does more good than harm.

Last edited by Captain Joy; 12-19-2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: random errors
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote