Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-28-2016, 07:11 AM   #341
Phantasm

Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters 1: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
How often were Dawn or April kidnapped by monsters?
"So, Dawn's in trouble. It must be Tuesday." :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #342
Rindis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
Remember Naru/Molly from Sailor Moon? Sailor Moon's friend who gets attacked by the monsters at least once a season? That's Enemy of the Week in action.
You know, thinking of Monster Hunters as Sailor Moon instead of Buffy or whatever suddenly makes me want to pick up the line.... :P
Old 08-25-2017, 06:39 AM   #343
ssveter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Yup. It seemed easier to put them in MH2 than to try to squeeze yet another thing into MH1. :)

Sure it is. The Influence is the huge part of why you'd buy a Patron. A Patron can get you into crime scenes, help with a cover-up, provide a safe room for locking up a demon, do research for you, put you in touch with experts, etc. That's all Influence -- and the hidden cost is 10 points for Light Influence or 20 points for Heavy Influence, with the remainder of what you're paying for your Patron going towards increasing its budget.

So when you're paying for a Loaded/Light Patron, you're really spending 10 points on the Influence and 20 points on the extra budget. If you'd spent those 20 (not 30!) points on Wealth, you'd start with 5x the normal funds. Well, this Patron starts you off with 2.5x the normal funds as a budget, plus another 2.5x as much for a specific vehicle budget. In other words, you're exactly as well off as if you'd spend the equivalent points on Wealth -- from a budget standpoint, you have the advantage that the Patron offers a Replacement Budget, but the minor drawbacks that the Patron splits up the budget into specific needs ("vehicles" and "other") and that you can't sell back the equipment if you decide you don't need it. Those two things cancel each other out more or less, but neither affects actual starting funds.

It's almost like I actually sat down and worked out all of the math one night . . . :)
As a GM and the the "patron" What kind of influence do you get?

Nevermind I found it. MH2:26

Last edited by ssveter; 08-25-2017 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Found the answer
ssveter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monster hunters