Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 02-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
larsdangly

Default Tomes

I will use this thread to post links to free, downloadable pdf's of 'tomes' I've created for TFT. All of these tomes are descriptions of magical books that might appear in your campaign setting, including 'gameable' content such as new spells, items and creatures described in the tome. I find this format to be more interesting and easily parsed and digested than giant compilations of new spells - i.e., a tome provides a ready-made 'package' of distinctive material to help you define an unusual NPC or setting, or to expand the game in some modest way without taking on a lot of material you don't want.

Here is the first tome that I've got formatted nicely enough to share: A astrological treatise called the Ghayat al-Hakim...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZAE...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by larsdangly; 09-26-2020 at 11:41 AM. Reason: New link to an edited copy
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #2
TippetsTX

Default Re: Tomes

New thread title... "Tomes Gone By" or "Tomes, They are a Changin'".
;)
Old 02-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
JimmyPlenty

Quote:
FUTURE OF NATIONS (S): The caster foresees the outcome of an event relevant to public life that will come to some conclusion in the next season (3 months). Examples include elections, royal successions, rebellions, or completions of public works. The astrologer’s reading will identify for whom an event will turn out will turn out well, but of most specific details will be unclear. Cost 10 ST.
I like this a lot. Can start a small campaign just on this alone.
JimmyPlenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:24 PM   #4
larsdangly

Its a shame the one you like best has the worst typo in the draft, but I'll fix it soon!

Edit: this is now edited to remove the grammatical mistake

Last edited by larsdangly; 09-27-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #5
larsdangly

I've completed another 'Tome' for your reading and gaming enjoyment - the Silva Daemonum, a scholarly study of demonology and magics of demon summoning and control that have been forbidden to you by the Wizarding Guild (what's with those control freaks, anyway?). This is the longest of my 'Tome' entries and took me some time to convert to Legacy Edition and revise and format for outside viewing. I hope you enjoy it; let me know if you have any comments or corrections:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14AP...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by larsdangly; 09-26-2020 at 05:00 PM. Reason: link to revised draft
Old 09-26-2020, 03:54 PM   #6
larsdangly

Hi gang; I just changed the access restrictions on these files so everyone with access to the link should be able to read them. Please let me know if there are still any problems!

[edit: it's confirmed that the links now work]

Last edited by larsdangly; 09-26-2020 at 06:55 PM.