Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
sarahjones

Default Star Munchkin - what cards are held, played & charity??

My family and I have just purchased our first Munchkin game and love it so far! (Star Munchkin) BUT, we are having a problem completely understanding the rules.
I need to know what exactly can be "played" on the table? I think it's only the cards that create your character, such as, race, class, sidekick and items that you can "carry"..."aser's, headgear and ect. and NOT the other treasure cards, such as, loaded dice, plot device, ball of yarn...ect?

Also, what exactly is "charity"? They way we are playing right now, the games are lasting about 15 minutes because we are allowing ALL of the treasure cards to be placed in play on the table. Therefore, we end up with a lot of extra cards in our hands and are trying to figure out Charity.

I think if we start playing correctly, with the "in play, on the table" cards, we will not have SO many cards in our hands and actually be able to accept charity.

So, if the player at the lowest level already has 5 cards in their hand, where does the charity go???

PLEASE HELP!! We've never played a game like this!! We love it so far and want to play right!!!
sarahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
andrewshen123

Default Re: Star Munchkin - what cards are held, played & charity??

Most non-one-shot items can be carried. Items are the Treasure cards with either a value in Credits in the bottom-right corner, or the words "No Value". One-shot items are usually marked "Usable once only.", or in some cases "Discard after use." If a card has a Credit value, but is not one-shot, then it has to be carried. Note that you CAN carry one-shot items as well, but often it will be better to keep them in your hand. For when to play other types of cards, see http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...50&postcount=2

Charity occurs when a player has more than 5 cards in his hand at the end of his turn. If the player can't get rid of the extra cards in another way, such as by playing or selling them, he must give the extra cards to the player(s) with the lowest level. If he is the lowest level, or tied for the lowest level, the extra cards are simply discarded.

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 08-09-2009 at 10:08 PM.
andrewshen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Star Munchkin - what cards are held, played & charity??

It's important to note that you only have to worry about getting your hand down to 5 cards at the end of your turn. When it is not your turn, and during your turn, if you have 50 cards in your hand, that's fine. You just have to get rid of the excess at the END of your turn.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charity, hand, in-play, star munchkin