Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #131
ColBosch

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures Series 1 delivery thread

When it comes to international shipping, there are factors at play that I simply do not want to get into on a forum for gaming. SJ Games has tried to offer a solution with preordering from Warehouse 23 rather than through Kickstarter. The only option I see that's missing is for the $140 "All The Minis" tier; this campaign has no add-ons. In fact, as a customer outside of the US, you appear to be able to order as many sets as you want, while those of us involved with the Kickstarter are limited to two.

I'm not trying to be rude here. International shipping has become a real problem, especially when you're talking about small orders. I work for a logistics company, and we've dropped all importing and 99% of our exporting; the only place we'll still go is Canada, and only then if it can be driven across the border and the customer has a clearing agent in place. The rules are changing and becoming ever more Byzantine, customs fees and inspections are rising and occurring far more often, and there are political issues on top of everything.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #132
Knockman

I know all about Customs & International Trade, so no worries there. Stated my piece, not spending any more time on that, and instead will sort out the W23 pre-order.

To return this back to the thread title about Deliveries, can anyone provide any information at all on when my KS Series 1 order will arrive in the UK please?

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:01 AM   #133
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockman View Post
To return this back to the thread title about Deliveries, can anyone provide any information at all on when my KS Series 1 order will arrive in the UK please?
Unlike Munchkin Shakespeare and Dungeon Fantasy, there were not enough EU supporters of Ogre Miniatures Set 1 to make it cost effective to ship a container to Europe. Those two projects had a total of three different containers -- EU, Michigan, and Georgia -- which made fulfillment easier.

With Ogre Miniatures Set 1, we shipped a container to Michigan so that US fulfillment could be handled. The remaining materials will be split in two -- shipping to Georgia and Austin. In Austin, we will handle delivery to many parts of the world, but not the EU.

The container that lands in Georgia will be split again, for distribution sales and shipped to our fulfillment partner in Germany. They will then ship out the EU rewards.

Each step takes time, costs money, and the entire chain of events has influenced how we handle future Kickstarter projects.

Ogre Miniatures Set 2, for example, is _not_ offering international rewards. Instead, we have pre-orders open on Warehouse 23 -- http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...t-2-many-minis -- where we can better control the delivery process. This eliminates the "EU friendly" option that many want, but it also eliminates the disappointment when delivery takes two months and cuts down on the amount of time we have to spend tracking product through the pipeline. By flowing this through our standard Warehouse 23 process, it becomes another piece of an ongoing concern and not a special nightmare that consumes an amount of time disproportionate to the revenue involved.

Last edited by philreed; 11-20-2017 at 03:09 AM.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #134
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
The only option I see that's missing is for the $140 "All The Minis" tier; this campaign has no add-ons.
We left that out because the size of the box needed to ship two Many Minis packs would be ridiculous . . . and very expensive to ship.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #135
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Mine came, with just the Set 1 box and nothing extra, which I am pretty sure is correct. With one Glow in the dark die in the box.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:12 PM   #136
J. Durr

Why are the AP guns all pointing straight up?
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #137
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Durr View Post
Why are the AP guns all pointing straight up?
So they can be tooled in a injection molding die block without resorting to way more complicated (and damage prone) 'multi-slide' dies?
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:25 AM   #138
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
So they can be tooled in a injection molding die block without resorting to way more complicated (and damage prone) 'multi-slide' dies?
Correct! Thanks. I hadn't noticed the question before.