Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2017, 09:34 PM   #26
trooper6

Default Re: Attack is not opposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Lad View Post
Ideally I'd like a game system where the PCs make all the rolls. For example for the enemy I could assume some reasonable default, and not roll the enemy's attack. Instead the PC would roll his defence skill against the static attacker's roll. For the sake of helping combat resolution to be quicker and thus combat more exciting. Has GURPS anything like that?
What you are describing is called, "player facing." The games I can think of off the top of my head that are player facing are:
Numenera
Apocalypse World and Apocalypse World systems (like Dungeon World)
The GUMSHOE gams (Trail of Cthulhu, Night's Black Agents, etc)
Lady Blackbird
Lasers and Feelings (this is free and the entire rules fit on one page--micro rules light)

They are all Narrativist sorts of games that are rules light. They might be interesting for you?

I personally really like the equality between NPCs and PCs mechanically. I love the back and forth between attack and defense. I love that if a PC decides to attack another PC I don't have to worry about how to handle that mechanically. I think GURPS is a really solid system and I highly recommend it. But if you want a player facing game maybe check out one of the ones I mentioned above?
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote