Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #11
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: List of changes between TFT TOS and TFT NG

I didn't buy counting and neither did my GM, which is why I have 21 points in talents.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #12
Wayne

As well as a delta list, it might be nice to include PDFs of the old TFT (text only) in the Kickstarter.

With all the changes being tossed around I’m starting to worry that TFT 2.0 may a different horse of a very different colour!

It might be an optional purchase in backerkit?
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #13
JLV

Does Steve Jackson Games even use Backerkit? I don't recall that they do -- but I've backed enough Kickstarters over the past few years that they all sort of blur together concerning the logistical details...

However, I do want to second the motion that PDFs of the original TFT be a possibility, whether on the Kickstarter, or simply available from Warehouse 23 -- I don't know that they will be a huge seller, but they probably don't cost that much to post, and a lot of folks who want to see how the system evolved will probably be interested in picking them up at some point.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #14
ak_aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Does Steve Jackson Games even use Backerkit? I don't recall that they do -- but I've backed enough Kickstarters over the past few years that they all sort of blur together concerning the logistical details...

However, I do want to second the motion that PDFs of the original TFT be a possibility, whether on the Kickstarter, or simply available from Warehouse 23 -- I don't know that they will be a huge seller, but they probably don't cost that much to post, and a lot of folks who want to see how the system evolved will probably be interested in picking them up at some point.
SJ has mentioned he doesn't have rights to the art in the originals.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #15
Wayne

Quote:
SJ has mentioned he doesn't have rights to the art in the originals.
That's why I suggested text only.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #16
RobW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
As well as a delta list, it might be nice to include PDFs of the old TFT (text only) in the Kickstarter.

With all the changes being tossed around I’m starting to worry that TFT 2.0 may a different horse of a very different colour!
Hi Wayne,
I take it we're well past "delta list" territory at this point!

Your post reminds me that before all the exciting the new developments (in talents, experience system, weapon expertise, etc etc), I would have been 100% happy with a Legacy edition that just clarified the combat rules -- e.g., do DX adjustments for range affect DX order? When are actions declared, is a "charge defend" a legal possibility? etc. These are questions we've had for 40 years!

I don't think there have been any changes relating to combat -- other than stepping on to fallen figures (it will always take a DX roll at our house!) -- although for that matter not sure I've seen clarification on combat questions either? But maybe what we will have is an essentially unaltered Legacy combat system described in Melee/Wizard and a very much all-new character experience and progression system in ITL.

Is it Melee/Wizard Legacy and ITL 2.0?
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:59 PM   #17
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
You bought counting? Darn it! Why didn't I think of doing that?
Same thought here. I literally can't count the number of times I wish I'd bought it.

On the main topic: I second (or third, etc...) the suggestion for an ongoing Change List. It'd help everyone here keep a bird's-eye view on how the new game is shaping up.

One thought: A thread containing the Change List could become a mess of discussions taking on every topic found on the list. Might be good to restrict replies in that thread to meta-comments on list-building itself, or even disallow replies in that thread. Keep comments on individual rules changes themselves to their own proper threads.

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote