Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2018, 12:45 AM   #1
PTTG

Default How do *you* build Mechas?

I'm thinking of running a game with PC mechsuit pilots with a distinctly eastern-mech approach (the mechas are narratively treated more like an extension of the pilot, rather than a vehicle containing the driver). I would like character development to include a significant amount of mech customization, with most characters having access to stock options (Chainsaw hands? Reinforced core armor? Number of aux Etherium turbines?) and tinkerers have the option to innovate (Rocket pack? Chameleon armor? Electro-arc hands?).

They'll be fighting monsters that are even larger and stronger than they are, making the game -- in theory -- boss fights only.

The technology is cinematic mundane, so I'm not going to worry about kilowatts and load strength. At the same time, I don't want mechas to be entirely stat-driven. If you want to armor up, your mech should be meaningfully heavier. If you want to have an oversized gun, that should entail something beyond having fewer points to spend on ST.

So, how has the forum built its mech systems? I've seen some discussion of Spaceships as a foundation, but its scale seems somewhat larger than what I was thinking of. Thoughts?
PTTG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gm advice, gurps: weeaboo, mechs, worldbuilding