Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #11
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Honestly it's mostly a social visit. There is one thing though. Marty's probably going to be there, and he can't decide between Faith and Stone and Fire and Wind. Maybe you can show him the finer points of Fire? You're not the typical Soldier, but then neither is he. Because of Nisroc, their exposure to angels in general is going to be limited."
"Personally, I think Faith or Wind would be a better fit for him. As a pilot he's always moving, and Faith gave him the one thing he wanted more than anything. I can't see him with Stone and if he went with Fire it wuld primarily be for Danae"

Quote:
((Everyone else--I realize it's Sunday there, but if your character is not doing anything special before Friday, let me know and I'll go forward. Also, is a chat session humanly possible? Because of the time zone difference, it would likely be on a Friday or Saturday evening your time.))
I'm good for a chat. Just let me know when
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #12
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Personally, I think Faith or Wind would be a better fit for him. As a pilot he's always moving, and Faith gave him the one thing he wanted more than anything. I can't see him with Stone and if he went with Fire it would primarily be for Danae"
"Maybe, but once he's set his mind on something, nothing stops him. And Faith? I think he's just working from gratitude there--sweet, but that doesn't make it a good fit. But you know these things."
Old 05-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #13
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Maybe, but once he's set his mind on something, nothing stops him. And Faith? I think he's just working from gratitude there--sweet, but that doesn't make it a good fit. But you know these things."
"I don't know. Gratitude is where it starts. The example that Zahira set out for him influenced him quite a bit. It was her faith that made it happen. And on your stance on Stone...my contention is that determination, even stubborness doesn't really make one a Stone. I'm proof of that. But I'll talk to him, if you wish."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 05-23-2011 at 06:04 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #14
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Thursday night

On the plane Kane would hear a Disturbance from the tail section of the plane. Before he can react, a male flight attendant would lean over him with a cup of water. "Relax, angel. It's just the Wind." He winks at Kane, lays a blanket over the sleeping passenger next to him, and moves on.
Kane's eyebrow quirks a fraction of an inch. Another celestial? He wonders. Or just a guy-lovin' human? I've heard stories about San Fran ...

He weighs the odds, takes the gamble ... and takes a peek at what makes his steward tick. A strange, yet familiar pattern rises to his inner eyes.

Well, ain't that interestin'. What in the Halls is a Domination doin' here? And how many other folks is he doin' it with?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
Andygal

Quote:
Once the elevator doors open, Ida would find herself in a tidy office, tastefully decorated and buzzing with activity. The secretary is young, early to mid-20's, but smart and professional.
You'll notice that on one wall are articles about the company's history from various magazines. Prominently displayed is an article from a minor finance magazine entitled "Splitting Heirs". The subtitle reads "for every Paris Hilton frittering away the family fortune is a dozen young men and women defying the old adage and growing their legacies" Cut and framed from the magazine are two shots, a half page featuring a very flattering photograph of a young Asian man and a blurb about a Russian merger, crossreferencing the other page on the wall. In that page is a reasonably good looking Russian man about the same age, and a blurb identifying him as "Pavel Ivanov".
The pictures of the bank's owners, Ryukawa Watari and Vladimir Ivanov, suggest two very stern men.
The secretary notices Ida and addresses her with practiced friendliness. "Hello ma'am. How can we help you?"
Ida gives the secretary a broad smile "I'm Ida Harris, I'm a tech support consultant, I'm told that one Ryuki Watari might be interested in some technical assistance." She pulls a card out of a pocket and passes it to the secretary.

(the card is a standard business card, listing degrees in computer science and electrical engineering, a professional-style email address, and a phone number).
Old 05-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #16
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Ida gives the secretary a broad smile "I'm Ida Harris, I'm a tech support consultant, I'm told that one Ryuki Watari might be interested in some technical assistance." She pulls a card out of a pocket and passes it to the secretary.

(the card is a standard business card, listing degrees in computer science and electrical engineering, a professional-style email address, and a phone number).
"I'll let him know you're here." She doesn't dial a phone or anything, just types a few things into a computer. A moment later, she looks up at you. "Ms. Harris, he'll see you now." She buzzes open a waist-high door and lets you in, leading you towards the back of the office. She taps lightly on the door but doesn't wait for an answer, opening the door.

It's a reasonably spacious office, a pair of cushioned chairs facing a smoked glass desk. On the desk are a pair of laptop computers. Off to one side of the office is a bookshelf with a handful of books on it, all finance, economics and business psychology save one, a collected works of John Dee. The other side of the office is mostly window shade. Behind the desk, reclining slightly in a leather executive chair, is Ryuki. Dressed in a tidy black suit that would fit him like a glove if it weren't unbuttoned, fine clothing worn in a casual style. He doesn't sit up so much as slide from sitting to standing in one fluid motion. As the name suggests he is of Japanese ancestry, and his skin is more tan than it was in the magazine picture. Walking towards you you see that he isn't all that tall--5'8" maybe. He looks you squarely in the eye as he shakes your hand, though his eye wanders for a split second before coming back up to focus on your face. His feet are silent as are yours, courtesy of the plush Chinese rug underfoot.

"My name is Ryuki," he says simply. "I've been having some troubles with my laptop."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane's eyebrow quirks a fraction of an inch. Another celestial? He wonders. Or just a guy-lovin' human? I've heard stories about San Fran ...

He weighs the odds, takes the gamble ... and takes a peek at what makes his steward tick. A strange, yet familiar pattern rises to his inner eyes.

Well, ain't that interestin'. What in the Halls is a Domination doin' here? And how many other folks is he doin' it with?
Derek (that is the steward's name, according to his name tag) does have a little swish in his step. Every so often he'll look back at the cowboy on 'his' plane, especially when the tether in the back makes some noise once again. Soon after a lean and dignified woman who you hadn't seen before steps out of the tail section to chat briefly with Derek. She an exotic beauty, possibly albino but for eyes so green they nearly glow. She nods quietly, never smiling, and then sits down in an empty back seat as though she'd been there all along.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-24-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Nonbump
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
Rocket Man

Quote:
Derek (that is the steward's name, according to his name tag) does have a little swish in his step. Every so often he'll look back at the cowboy on 'his' plane, especially when the tether in the back makes some noise once again. Soon after a lean and dignified woman who you hadn't seen before steps out of the tail section to chat briefly with Derek. She an exotic beauty, possibly albino but for eyes so green they nearly glow. She nods quietly, never smiling, and then sits down in an empty back seat as though she'd been there all along.
Innerestin'... he muses. So, Wind at the tail, a one-man roundup workin' the aisle, and a gen-u-ine lady of dedication sittin' quiet. This'll be quite the trip.

If an opportunity arises to talk quietly with either Derek or the lady, Kane takes it. Otherwise, as the flight nears its end, he makes a trip to the restroom, nodding a "hello" to the lady as he passes. He tries to time things so that he can be nearby her when the plane lands, grabbing an empty seat nearby since there's no time to get back to his own -- they've already lit the seat belt sign and everything!

As the plane stops, he stands, stretches his lean frame and starts to step into the aisle -- then draws back, noticing he's "accidentally" stepped in the lady's path.

Kane tips his hat. "Beg your pardon, ma'am." He glances at the overhead bin. "Uh, like a hand with your bag? Least I can do after nearly treddin' on your toes."

Old 05-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Innerestin'... he muses. So, Wind at the tail, a one-man roundup workin' the aisle, and a gen-u-ine lady of dedication sittin' quiet. This'll be quite the trip.

If an opportunity arises to talk quietly with either Derek or the lady, Kane takes it. Otherwise, as the flight nears its end, he makes a trip to the restroom, nodding a "hello" to the lady as he passes. He tries to time things so that he can be nearby her when the plane lands, grabbing an empty seat nearby since there's no time to get back to his own -- they've already lit the seat belt sign and everything!

As the plane stops, he stands, stretches his lean frame and starts to step into the aisle -- then draws back, noticing he's "accidentally" stepped in the lady's path.

Kane tips his hat. "Beg your pardon, ma'am." He glances at the overhead bin. "Uh, like a hand with your bag? Least I can do after nearly treddin' on your toes."
Derek's a hardworking flight attendant (and you gave me a more interesting opening) so you won't be able to catch him for more than a coffee refill. The woman, however, clearly values her privacy. It takes the little 'accident' to get her attention.

"Thank you sir," she says coldly. Not so much annoyed-chilly as a pure lack of affection. "I didn't bring any bags this trip."
Old 05-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #19
Rocket Man

Quote:
Derek's a hardworking flight attendant (and you gave me a more interesting opening) so you won't be able to catch him for more than a coffee refill. The woman, however, clearly values her privacy. It takes the little 'accident' to get her attention.

"Thank you sir," she says coldly. Not so much annoyed-chilly as a pure lack of affection. "I didn't bring any bags this trip."
He smiles, clearly not offended. "Travel light, huh? Can't say's I blame you, ma'am. The less you tote, the less you spend, 'specially the way the airlines gouge you anymore."

His face is pure friendliness. No attempt at flirting, no pressure or pushiness, just a nice, open guy being polite to a lady.

"Yes, ma'am," he says, nodding to her with respect. "There's a lot to be said for simple Virtues."

Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #20
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
He smiles, clearly not offended. "Travel light, huh? Can't say's I blame you, ma'am. The less you tote, the less you spend, 'specially the way the airlines gouge you anymore."

His face is pure friendliness. No attempt at flirting, no pressure or pushiness, just a nice, open guy being polite to a lady.

"Yes, ma'am," he says, nodding to her with respect. "There's a lot to be said for simple Virtues."
It starts as a merely polite smile, then morphs ever so slightly to let you know that her words are joking. "Yes, the simple Virtues. One should not give them sharp objects."

((RocketMan is familiar with this character, from a different perspective. The rest of you only might meet her, so you are free to read what Old Stonewall did last game. Or reread, as the case may be.
The the last quarter of this chat session--a session that didn't go well OOC unfortunately.
And this bit of of Archangel humor, which she happened to be along for. ))

Tags
in nomine