Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-17-2019, 03:35 AM   #91
schmeelke

Default Re: GURPS - Your Licensed Product Wishlist

Mercedes Lackey's Elves on the Road universe.
schmeelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #92
Culture20

Arcanum, Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
A great computer rpg with a rich in-game history and interesting balance of tech versus magic.
The magic system is slightly GURPSy with fatigue cost and powerstones, although the powerstones/staves/etc all recharge at the same rate in the game.
The technology is TL0-5, approaching TL6, and was once TL7^ or higher.
Magic is based on will changing the laws of physics, and technology acts as a sort of physical-law stabilizer, reducing magic effectiveness.
I know there are several homebrew GURPS Arcanums, but an official one with art, and maybe even a music score would be neat.

Ultima / Akalabeth
I have a campaign I used which was essentially alternate Ultima IV; there are still small clusters of other species around, and the Stranger never returned to become the Avatar of the Virtues. People eventually stopped trying to succeed at that goal, and the shrines see varying levels of use.
The magic system in various Ultima games use many different types of symbol tracing, syntactic magic, scrolls, and alchemy. Many TL surprises too.

Unfortunately for both, getting rights from video game companies might be harder than other media companies, as TTRPGs might be seen more as direct competitors.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #93
JMason

The Dark Tower - Blends western, fantasy, post-apoc, multi-world. It's exactly the sort of setting that I think GURPS does best.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:20 PM   #94
acrosome

Another one of these threads, eh?

1. Well, Conan would indeed be cool as hell, and y'know there is precedent... But especially if given wider treatment than the last time.

2. Beyond that? Personally I'd love ports of almost anything GDW ever made, especially 2300AD (a less fantastical space opera than Traveller without brain-hurting stuff like reactionless drives), Space 1889 (a mature and interesting steampunk setting), and Twilight:2000 (the ultimate sandbox, with automatic grenade launchers!). Obviously, everything you need to make your own versions of these already exist in other GURPS sources already, so these would be mostly be setting books. And, again, there is precedent. :)

3. Mongoliad? Sort of a Middle Ages martial arts fest. It wouldn't be much of a setting book, though. Basically a monograph on the Shield Brethren, etc.

4. As an honorable mention, I'll add one that SJG already owns the rights to: Black Ops! "Well," you say, "That's just Monster Hunters." But I'd like to see it re-imagined as a less over-the-top version, more like Delta Green or such, perhaps even with a similar hopelessness motif. E.g. no fallen angels as PCs. You don't need metphysical powers- just nerves of steel, some wolfsbane, and an M18A1 Claymore or two...

A pack of chupacabra in Albuquerque. Again.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:22 PM   #95
Astromancer

It occurs to me that the Roads of Heaven trilogy, which reads like golden age sci fi, and has a magic system that feels as consistent as the tech in most 1930's sci fi, would make a great game setting.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #96
Astromancer

There's a defunct-ish game called Eldritch Skies. Yeah, the rights are a brutal mess, and many things are wrong about how he went about things. Still, a Randolph Carter meets Northwest Smith sci fi Lovecraft game is just so juicy and lovely.

And this is a Wishlist. So I'm wishing.

Ancora Imparo
Old 09-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #97
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
There's a defunct-ish game called Eldritch Skies. Yeah, the rights are a brutal mess, and many things are wrong about how he went about things. Still, a Randolph Carter meets Northwest Smith sci fi Lovecraft game is just so juicy and lovely.

And this is a Wishlist. So I'm wishing.
That reminds me.

I'd like to see a GURPS: Crimson Skies, or a GURPS: World of Tomorrow (with stats for Polly, Frankie, the heli-carriers, Sky Captain, and his planes...).

If somebody already mentioned the latter, then this is my enthusiastic second of that motion.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #98
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
That reminds me.

I'd like to see a GURPS: Crimson Skies, or a GURPS: World of Tomorrow (with stats for Polly, Frankie, the heli-carriers, Sky Captain, and his planes...).

If somebody already mentioned the latter, then this is my enthusiastic second of that motion.
Both suggestions are rich in pulpy goodness.

Ancora Imparo
Old 09-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #99
Antiquation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
GURPS: World of Tomorrow (with stats for Polly, Frankie, the heli-carriers, Sky Captain, and his planes...)..
This would be utterly fantastic.