Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Fighting Attunements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
[...] Bedad, Demon Prince of Privacy. I wrote him up as a Skulker here, though if you want to make [...] a standard Prince with some available Attunements, make him a Djinn.
I'd think a Shedite might actually be a pretty decent alternative, as well. They're slippery little buggers, and it's hard to figure out which mortal they're hiding in, after all... Maybe fast-oozing is an Attunement for Shedim of Privacy?

As for Curtis, I'd consider -- if his paranoia is being too annoying for the GM -- letting him invest in a big piece of neck jewelry (Geas/6 to Lilith) in return for a superpower Djinn Fuzz-based relic that he can occasionally dump a boatload of Essence into (he's an Impudite -- 9 or 10 Essence isn't a hardship, right?), and it will metaphysically break connections of anything that isn't actually a corporeal artifact, or a Geas-hook. (Like a penny some Trade angel is tracking the progress of.) So no hair, no blood, no writing stuff, no Djinn or Cherubim. Still have to worry about Lilim (I mean, DOH, c'mon here!), and potentially about planted corporeal artifacts (although he gets a Perception roll to notice those; I'd be kind and have the GM make that Per roll whenever he sees or touches the item), but he at least will perhaps go out in public now and then without freaking out if he loses a hair.

Anyone trying to track him is going to be awfully weirded out when their tracers go "dead," mind. Maybe they'll assume he fell into Limbo!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
Jason

Also: the Celestial Song of Revulsion does flummox some of the most pernicious tracking methods.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Also: the Celestial Song of Revulsion does flummox some of the most pernicious tracking methods.
Indeed so. When our group's Bright was kidnapped by the PFD, one of the first things they did was put a Revulsion Song on her to keep her various allied Cherubim and Lilim from finding her. Of course, that backfired when she figured out an escape and the PFD's resident Djinn had to try to locate her. :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #14
JCD

I suppose one alternative is this:

An angel attuned to by a Djinn who goes to Heaven starts to burn off the attunement as some predetermined rate.

A demon attuned to by a Cherub (Like a Cherub outside the murderous Judges would attunement themselves to a demon!) might also have his attunement degenerate over time (Hmm. -1 CD per day?) If you like to play up the dominance of Heaven over Hell, the demon doesn't get this option.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attunements, tips