Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #1
hal

Default Adventure Guns equipment

Hello Folks,
I recall the previous threads where people wished that there were more of the equipment data files available, so today, I started work analyzing the structure of the data files.

While I could have read the PDF that is available for the creation of data files, I decided the best approach to my analysis was to look at the High Tech data file, look at the equipment area, and see if I could achieve the creation of an "Old West" category for the Equipment section.

Today, I succeeded. I was able to add the following categories:

<Old West - Rifles>
<Old West Machine Guns>
<Old West - Artillery>
<Old West - Firearms>

I didn't bother trying to add Old West - Pistols, I just wanted to see if I could get a functional datafile to load in GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT.

So, phase one of the analysis worked well enough. I was able to get a functional data file to work. :)

Phase II was to determine what "variables" do I need to be able to address in order to set up an "entry" per weapon that will go into my expanded Old West file.

This is what I came up with:

Item Name (note, if there is a comma in the name, the whole thing has to be in quotes.)
cat (note that this determines where it shows up in the categories in GCA)
ammo
page
basecost
baseweight
techlvl
mods
lc
description: this combines data from data fields into one line
damage
damtype
minst
rangehalfdam
rangemax
acc
rof
shots
rcl
bulk
notes
skillused
ST
SK

I figured that others might appreciate having this information at their finger tips in case they try to build their own data files.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote