Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 07-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
SithMasterZaid

Default My first confusion thus far...

Alright... my first one I'll just post word for word and let yall try to explain it to me in 'dumb' talk!

"You are never completely stuck unless you are surrounded by walls. You can always go through one exit per turn, of any type, by spending all your Move. This is true even if your Move is 0."

I'm assuming 'exit' means doors only... excluding walls! The game specifies walls can only be passed through via magic or declaring yourself dead. But I'm still confused on what it means by spending all of your Move, even if your move is 0.

Thank you and may the force be with you... unless you're Jedi scum!
SithMasterZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: My first confusion thus far...

You missed the rule that says you can move through ANY exit (walls are not exits) by spending your entire Move for a turn, even if your total Move is insufficient to let you move through that exit.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
MunchkinMan

You are correct about exits. If you look in the glossary, you'll see that the term "Exit" is defined there, and used consistently throughout the rules as defined. As for the other part, it's talking about your total Move for the turn. Cards, Room effects, and having too many Big Item in play can reduce your Move, possibly to 0 (the lowest you can go). So, if you're in a room that you don't have enough Move to be able to leave at the start of your turn and want to leave it, you have to spend ALL of your Move for that turn (not all of your remaining Move) in order to leave through any exit.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
SithMasterZaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
You are correct about exits. If you look in the glossary, you'll see that the term "Exit" is defined there, and used consistently throughout the rules as defined. As for the other part, it's talking about your total Move for the turn. Cards, Room effects, and having too many Big Item in play can reduce your Move, possibly to 0 (the lowest you can go). So, if you're in a room that you don't have enough Move to be able to leave at the start of your turn and want to leave it, you have to spend ALL of your Move for that turn (not all of your remaining Move) in order to leave through any exit.
Oh ok... that definitely helps... I'm still pretty new to the whole Munchkin world... some friends of mine introduced me to the card game... thus causing me to become obsessed with it! My local 'nerd' store didn't have the original or Stars version... and I'm impatient... so I bought Munchkin Quest... and I've only played it twice thus far... with only two players max! I've never gotten to a point where you could have your moves knocked down to zero moves... it didn't seem possible in my mind!

So saying your character is carrying too many big items and you're in a room or some card is thrown at you that lessens your moves down to zero... you can still move through any exit... so basically... as long as you have zero moves... you STILL get ONE move as long as it's through an 'exit' each turn... whether it cost one or three!

I gotcha... and sorry... I tend to ramble! Also... I've read through this lovely 20 page rule book several times now... but this is my first ever game like this... I'm regretfully a noob to the 'Dungeons and Dragons' genre of games!

Anyways... thanks!
SithMasterZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Bear in mind, that's the total Move for your turn. So, if you have 2 Move, and are "stuck" in a room with only Secret and Locked Door exits, you may use all of your Move to go through 1 exit. You can't search the room you are in (which uses 1 Move) then go through one of the exits, in that case. You also can't move to a room through a normal door or a hallway, using 1 Move, then try to go through a doorway that requires too much Move because you've already gone through at least one exit and have used some of your Move for the turn.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
SithMasterZaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Bear in mind, that's the total Move for your turn. So, if you have 2 Move, and are "stuck" in a room with only Secret and Locked Door exits, you may use all of your Move to go through 1 exit. You can't search the room you are in (which uses 1 Move) then go through one of the exits, in that case. You also can't move to a room through a normal door or a hallway, using 1 Move, then try to go through a doorway that requires too much Move because you've already gone through at least one exit and have used some of your Move for the turn.
Yeah... I gotcha... thank ya very much sir! Definitely starting to understand everything better now... I'm just one of those people that HAS to know/understand every little rule... I basically want to have it all memorized!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
AaronJRushton

Can this rule be used to discover new rooms?
AaronJRushton is offline   Reply With Quote