Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
TrojanKilla

Default Pocket Swap Interpretation

Card says:

Pocket Swap

[Mod edit: Please don't quote card text.]

I want to use the card to swap a one shot item that I have not used with a one shot item that my opponent has not used to protect myself from a curse/disaster he is inflicting on me (in this case a disaster tent from Munchkin Apocalypse) . My opponent will not let me take the item because he claims he is using it as it is carried and protecting him.

I believe I should be able to swap the item as he is not actively using it at that moment. i.e he has no curse/disaster being inflicted on him

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 01-18-2015 at 04:08 PM.
TrojanKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:08 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Pocket Swap Interpretation

Disaster-Proof Tent is not a one-shot Item. Since it is not a one-shot Item, nor does it require Hands, nor is it considered Armor or Footgear, the Item can be put into play and assumed to be used, and never really should need to be turned sideways. In fact, if you have it turned sideways, it means you're not using it and when a Disaster strikes, you're not protected by it. So, unless the player had turned it sideways for some reason, you could not use Pocket Swap to take the Disaster-Proof Tent.

Beyond that, you can't perform an action to take a card from another player to cancel a Disaster. You must suffer the effects of the Disaster immediately unless you can play a card that you have in your possession when the disaster was played to cancel it. So, even if you had been able to take that card from him, it would not necessarily protected you from a Disaster that has immediate consequences (like having to discard something or losing a level).
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote