Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 12-17-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
LordMunchkin

Default Clothing [Adventurers

Does the clothing the mentioned in Adventurers include footwear? Also, where can I find the stats for the Arctic and Winter Clothing mentioned in Exploits?

Last edited by LordMunchkin; 12-18-2018 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Horrible misclick. Sadly, no way for me to edit the name of the thread.
LordMunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:18 AM   #2
Dalin

Default Re: Clothing [Adventurers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMunchkin View Post
Does the clothing the mentioned in Adventurers include footwear? Also, where can I find the stats for the Arctic and Winter Clothing mentioned in Exploits?
There are no stats in the DFRPG boxed set, though a simple rule of thumb might be to double cost and weight for winter clothing and triple for "genuine arctic."

More detailed wilderness survival rules for DFRPG (including clothing) are published in Hall of Judgment (on sale now). The basic idea for winter is that you can layer clothing for a gradually increasing bonus. When the bonus reaches +5 or +6 (the maximum), you experience a DX penalty for bulk.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:03 AM   #3
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Basic clothing assumes something like a robe cinched with a piece of rope, plus sandals . . . or shirt, loincloth, and moccasins . . . or tunic, hose, and slippers, if you're fancy. Basically, one or two pieces of cloth that cover most of your arms and torso, and some of your legs, along with light footwear that protects the soles of your feet from the pain of walking on twigs and pebbles.

The rules in Exploits for winter clothing are there largely to cover possible future expansions, as the game in the box doesn't really cover outdoor adventures. But if you want rules, just call winter clothing +0.5 CF and 2.5× weight (upgrade from free starting clothes: +$60, +3 lbs.), and arctic clothing +1 CF and 5× weight (upgrade from free starting clothes: +$120, +8 lbs.).
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #4
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
. . . if you want rules, just call winter clothing +0.5 CF and 2.5× weight (upgrade from free starting clothes: +$60, +3 lbs.), and arctic clothing +1 CF and 5× weight (upgrade from free starting clothes: +$120, +8 lbs.).
Now that would have been a good excuse to crack open HoJ as part of normal course of business. ;-P
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
Black Leviathan

It covers your feet but It's probably not what you think of as footwear. More likely soft sandals or slippers, nothing you'd want to go on a walk in the wilderness with. If you want something cobbled that resists water to any degree you'd be looking at boots or shoes from the book.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote