Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #11
David Johnston2

Default Re: Defining Land Mines using DF Traps Stats?

It is important to remember that land mines are not re-usable. If they are planted on path or corridor that is going to see traffic then they must have been placed recently. Otherwise they would have already gone off. The mines that go off after the mines were long forgotten and throughly covered by natural detritus are generally strays in out of the way places. One of the subtle hints that you may be walking into a minefield is the mangled corpse of the last guy who walked in.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:39 PM   #12
Kallatari

I think we covered the detect/disarm aspects of it.

But what about the "Save." Anyone have any thoughts as to whether it should be allowed. I think the best fit option, if a save is even allowed, is a Sense roll to realize you stepped on/tripped the mine, which if successful allows you to make a Dodge roll with the "Dive" option (for +3) which brings you slightly further away from the point of explosion, thus reducing the damage.

Should the Sense roll be at a penalty? What about the Dodge?
Kallatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #13
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Are we talking movie mines or real mines? TL5,6,7,8, or 9+? Milspec or IED? Antipersonnel, antimaterial, antitank, or multipurpose? Bounding mines? Claymores? EFP?

All of these are going to affect whether it's possible to do anything after you've triggered it.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:00 PM   #14
Kallatari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Are we talking movie mines or real mines? TL5,6,7,8, or 9+? Milspec or IED? Antipersonnel, antimaterial, antitank, or multipurpose? Bounding mines? Claymores? EFP?

All of these are going to affect whether it's possible to do anything after you've triggered it.
I'm aiming for real mines. My game would be TL8, but I'm curious as to what differences you'd suggest for each of the TLs.
Kallatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #15
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallatari View Post
I'm aiming for real mines. My game would be TL8, but I'm curious as to what differences you'd suggest for each of the TLs.
In regards to this only TL5 and some TL6 military antipersonnel mines have any meaningful save. TL7+ ones will just kill you. IEDs are all different and really depend on the triggering mechanism.

Although in all cases Danger Sense probably should allow a dodge and dive for cover.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote