Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
Anaraxes

Default Re: Sustained Innate Attacks and Costs Fatigue

The problem with Affliction is that will make the attack more expensive than simply buying it. That may be fine if you're planning to give that attack to everyone in the party (and it's better than what they'd do otherwise). But Afflicting yourself with a temporary attack is actually somewhat less useful than just having the attack in the first place. It should be a minor discount to have to "ready" the attack, not cost extra. (Alas, "Requires Ready" is already taken, and doesn't have this meaning.)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
Dalren

I never said it was simple. :-) I only said it works like what the OP asked for.
Dalren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalren View Post
I think what you're looking for is Affliction (Advantage). First, build the attack you want as an Innate Attack to determine what it would normally cost. Buy Affliction (Advantage) and use the cost of the Innate Attack to determine the value of the Advantage enhancement. Use Fixed Duration to make the Advantage last a standard amount of time (instead of being based on Margin of Success). I believe it's +0% for a 3 minute duration. You can modify the fixed duration with Reduced (or Increased) Duration as necessary. Add Costs Fatigue and a suitable Accessibility limitation (Self Only) and that should do it. I can't provide costs as I'm at work without my books, but by combining the modifiers I listed above, you should be able to spend FP to grant yourself an Innate Attack for a specific duration. You can increase the level of Affliction to make it more accurate if necessary or add Cosmic (No die roll required) to make it work everytime.
Or you could slap a (potentially leveled) nuisance effect on the innate attack that gives -5% worth of limitations for every +1 FP added to after battle fatigue costs.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
DangerousThing

You should not have to buy an Enhancement to an attack for the priviledge of paying 1FP per minute. If there isn't any easier way of doing this, I'd just make it a -5% Nusance Effect that it costs 1 FP per minute.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costs fatigue, innate attack, sustained