Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
RogerBacon

Default corrosive and super corrosive

Corossive attacks damage DR 1/5 pts damage done for a cost of 10/die. What would be the cost for an attack that damaged DR at a 1/1 ratio?

My thinking:
If corrosive is just like crushing with a +100% mod to damage DR at 1/5 then I could see a damage modifier of 1/1 being a +400% mod based on the ratio of limitation to DR for ablative and semi-ablative; ablative being four times semi-ablative. That would give the super corrosive attack a cost of 25 per die. However, that would be more than the +300% advanate of "ignores DR'. Now maybe it IS better than "ignores DR" since it would help your teammates attacks' after the first hit.
I'm thinking of pricing it at 20/die. What does everyone think? Too high? Too cheap? Just a bad idea all together?
RogerBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Anthony

Default Re: corrosive and super corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBacon View Post
Corossive attacks damage DR 1/5 pts damage done for a cost of 10/die. What would be the cost for an attack that damaged DR at a 1/1 ratio?
Corrosive is a somewhat problematic attack due to how it interacts with armor divisors (which are overvalued on a corrosive attack) and rate of fire (the reverse). I'd probably do it in reverse: buy a 5d attack and limit it down.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBacon View Post
I'm thinking of pricing it at 20/die. What does everyone think? Too high? Too cheap? Just a bad idea all together?
One perspective:
Corrosive 1d [10] is essentially Crushing 1d (Cosmic 2, +100%) [10]. Super-Corrosive 1d could thereby be Crushing 1d (Cosmic 3, +300%) [20].

Another perspective:
Corrosive 1d (Link, +10%) [11] + Corrosive 4d (Link, +10%; Corrosion Only, -80%) [12] = [23].

In any case, Super-Corrosive 1d [20] sounds close enough to be fine.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunners_Fire View Post
Another perspective:
Corrosive 1d (Link, +10%) [11] + Corrosive 4d (Link, +10%; Corrosion Only, -80%) [12] = [23].

In any case, Super-Corrosive 1d [20] sounds close enough to be fine.
I think No Wounding (-50%) is the proper limitation on this. I wouldn't bother with Link, since you're just limiting a portion a single power, not combining two powers together. This gives an upper limit of [30] per level.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Extra levels with Armour Multiplier (DR×10) and No Wounding seem to do the trick.

Tags
corrosive damage, cosmic, innate attack, intensified corrosion