Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #21
Green Beanie Brat

Default Re: Blurberry Template

don't forget that there are no reliably reported instances of a blueberry muffin attacking anyone, even to avoid being eaten. this might qualify/justify Pacifism (Total Non-violence).

although that level of pacifism might be a bit extreme in a roll-playing game like GURPS Bakeries.
Green Beanie Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 PM   #22
Anaraxes

Quote:
no reliably reported instances of a blueberry muffin attacking anyone
Not that have survived to tell the tale, no.

But they're out there, awaiting their chance.

(Out of curiousity, if the sessile muffin with no manipulators or mouth were attacking you, how could you tell? Evaluate it to see if it's taking Attack maneuvers? What gives it away compared to it taking Wait maneuvers?)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #23
Lord Carnifex

I'm not sure Immunity to Metabolic Hazards applies here. Muffins can dry out and go stale, get burnt, get soggy, and have other nasty things happen to them. They really do need a fairly narrow range of conditions and temperatures at which they thrive. At the very least, I think it ought to be a bit Limited.

This does seem to be a situation that merits both a Social Stigma (Subjugated) and perhaps a positive Reputation (Yumminess, fairly large group, most of the time). Appearance, I think, would be a feature of the individual muffin character and not a part of the template.

So, next question - does Toast have an innate Catfall advantage in order to land butter side down so consistently?
Lord Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #24
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Beanie Brat
don't forget that there are no reliably reported instances of a blueberry muffin attacking anyone, even to avoid being eaten. this might qualify/justify Pacifism (Total Non-violence).
I've been choked by numerous muffins (no blueberry muffins though, I'm not a big blueberry fan) so I'm not sure they're actually pacifists. Without any form of manipulators, they can only attack by attacking the windpipe. And it's usually fatal for them.
Mark Skarr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #25
carllarson

Higher Purpose (self-sacrifice and martyrdom)?
carllarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #26
Green Beanie Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos
I saw this examined in the Scientific American years ago. It turns out that toast always lands butter-side down because of the limited strength of cartilage and bone.
huh??? i'm not that kind of scientist, so i don't understand what you mean.
Green Beanie Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:00 PM   #27
Green Beanie Brat

oddly enough, that actually makes sense even to me. thank you.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
zorg
Experimental Subject

Why don't you simply take the Food Template from Gurps Kitchens, and add the Smallish, Flour-Based, Intelligent and Contains Fruit Lenses? I guess if you're into crunch, you could choose to use the options for different pastry doughs.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 AM   #29
Lord Carnifex

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
I guess if you're into crunch, you could choose to use the options for different pastry doughs.
If we were into crunch, we'd add almonds or walnuts or something, I expect...

Quote:
I'm not sure what can be achieved with gyrostabilised toast. I think that was something they overlooked.
So we start by statting up a toast template then add on Higher TL (TL9)?
Lord Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 AM   #30
alimantando

Quote:
Well, the limited strength of cartilage and bone dictates that if humans were any taller than about eleven feet falls would be invariably fatal. So pretty obviously, humans will never evolve to be fourteen feet tall. But the dynamics of a slice of toast sliding off the edge of a bench or table dictate that regardless of the horizontal velocity of the slide the toast must fall at least seven feet if it is to rotate 270° before it hits the floor--that being what is necessary to make a complete turn and land butter-side up. In short, if the toast falls off a bench or table at least 9" high and less than 84" high, it lands butter-side down. A 9" dining table implies people about 22" tall, which is ridiculous, and a 84" kitchen bench implies people 14' tall, which is ruled out by evolutionary theory and the limited strength of biological materials. Simple, for the Amateur Scientist.

I'm not sure what can be achieved with gyrostabilised toast. I think that was something they overlooked.
What about T-Rex. If a T-Rex is sitting at an approviate sized Table eating buttered Toast and one of em tries to escape by sliding over the edge ...
How would it land?

Tags
blueberry muffin, edible character