Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #631
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar doesn't feel particularly like answering those questions, so he is going to use Suggestion on Zybo.

Daymar is going to suggest that Zybo send him on his way with a mild reprimand to find his buddy.
Zybo looks at Daymar for a moment, then says "Belay that. I don't have time".

He continues on to his lunch.

When he returns to his lunch, he sends Pacifica a message:

"I need an analysis of personnel in navigation for likelihood of being a Dreadstormer. included here are copies of starting analysis for the section. Do your best to be objective. Also, could you go through and see if anyone is suited to working with star drives. We may need to replace some of those folks soon."

Included is a massive document with dossier files on everyone in the navigation section.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 04-14-2021 at 03:43 PM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:59 PM   #632
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) I need an analysis of personnel in navigation for likelihood of being a Dreadstormer (...) could you go through and see if anyone is suited to working with star drives (...) Included is a massive document with dossier files on everyone in the navigation section.
Pacifica will audit the personnel dossiers using her administration skill.
She will analyze the files to narrow the subjects to a 20%, taking a pareto approach. She will highlight the most likely subjects and also take her team out of the picture.

She will aid her report using the writing skill.

For both tasks she will take extra time, aiming to a +2 to both administration and writing. She will ask Nejora to support/cover her regular activities (Pacifica won’t be absent, by the way), as the request of the navigation-shift demands higher priority.

Besides the dossiers, Pacifica will employ the information she has gathered from her lunchtime-hub, her overall interactions with the personnel in her section and in the extra hands, and her prospection/observation efforts. Which may provide another bonus.

Finally, she will make use of her exposition sense to find relevant information for Zybo’s task, keeping her eyes open (aiming) to other intel that can be of aid to the Dread-Stormers (including the re-supply operation).

Pacifica's administration +2
3d6 <= 16
1 + 1 + 4 = 6 ... success (critical success!)

Pacifica's writing +2:
3d6 <= 16
3 + 2 + 5 = 10 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #633
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I don't know wiring but I'll risk it.

That went well. What would need to be done to actually electrocute here?
Ugg, I missed this the first pass. Sorry.



You'd need to place the body up against the live wire without electrocuting yourself. That's an electrician roll, on a failure, you zap yourself. If you wish, you can add electricity only DR using a default ability stunt: that's 3 FP and a -2 to your confuse skill for 20 DR against electricity only. adding FP can reduce that penalty.



Alternatively, use your powers to Electrocute him yourself. That's an innate attack (Heart attack) linked with some burning damage (at least 2d6) with surge... which is about 50 points, all told, so that's 3 FP/ER and -8 to your confuse skill. you can spend more FP to reduce the -8 penalty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica will audit the personnel dossiers using her administration skill.
She will analyze the files to narrow the subjects to a 20%, taking a pareto approach. She will highlight the most likely subjects and also take her team out of the picture.

She will aid her report using the writing skill.

Besides the dossiers, Pacifica will employ the information she has gathered from her lunchtime-hub, her overall interactions with the personnel in her section and in the extra hands, and her prospection/observation efforts. Which may provide another bonus.

Finally, she will make use of her exposition sense to find relevant information for Zybo’s task, keeping her eyes open (aiming) to other intel that can be of aid to the Dread-Stormers (including the re-supply operation).
The only dossier is her own, which looks clean... but Pacifica is able to indentify a handful of "dreadstormer suspects", one of which she can make look really suspicious: the woman has shown herself to have several infractions where she wasn't with her buddy, and she has shown only a cursory knowledge of her homeworld, Korvi, which is known for highly automated mining.



Quote:
For both tasks she will take extra time, aiming to a +2 to both administration and writing. She will ask Nejora to support/cover her regular activities (Pacifica won’t be absent, by the way), as the request of the navigation-shift demands higher priority.
Commander Zybo has already authorized this!
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:18 PM   #634
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You'd need to place the body up against the live wire without electrocuting yourself. That's an electrician roll, on a failure, you zap yourself. If you wish, you can add electricity only DR using a default ability stunt: that's 3 FP and a -2 to your confuse skill for 20 DR against electricity only. adding FP can reduce that penalty.
Well let's try that:
Quote:
[418] 21-04-15 20:14:48 CEST
Confuse for DR (-2)
3d6 <= 13 : 5 + 1 + 1 = 7 ... success
[419] 21-04-15 20:15:15 CEST
Electrician (default)
3d6 <= 9 : 3 + 5 + 4 = 12 ... failure
Well looks like I'm getting shocked too.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #635
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's try that:

Well looks like I'm getting shocked too.

A massive jolt passes through Hua's victim and around her body. She was prepared for that, but its still quite surprising (if not exactly shocking). Her energy field protects her from harm.



A minor alarm goes off, indicated a temporary power surge.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:30 PM   #636
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A minor alarm goes off, indicated a temporary power surge.
Well, I'll get out of there and head back to Thibi. OK, on to one of Shields, Maneuver, or Power. Same strategy (Fast-Talk Thibi, Stealth over, Observe meters):

Quote:
[420] 21-04-15 22:27:24 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13 : 6 + 4 + 5 = 15 ... failure
[421] 21-04-15 22:29:05 CEST - TGLS (thompsonstubbs@gmail.com)
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
[422] 21-04-15 22:30:06 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13 : 2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success
Well I guess I have to handle a disagreeable Thibi now.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #637
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The closest target in the ship is probably Manuever.



Thibi says: "Hey, I actually need your help. We've got to load up a bunch of shield powder cases from up top and take them lower in the ship. They'll want both of us there, and I need your help packing everything up and securing them: its trickier than the bricks."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM   #638
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The closest target in the ship is probably Manuever.



Thibi says: "Hey, I actually need your help. We've got to load up a bunch of shield powder cases from up top and take them lower in the ship. They'll want both of us there, and I need your help packing everything up and securing them: its trickier than the bricks."
Works just as well for me. I'll try the fast-talking split trick again after we handle the shield powder (I'm assuming that will be placing me around the shields).

Quote:
[423] 21-04-16 22:14:55 CEST
Fast-Talk II
3d6 <= 13 : 6 + 3 + 5 = 14 ... failure
Hm... Dice are really working against me. If I dazed Thibi, would that give me enough time to find and break the voltmeters (assuming few bystanders if any)? If so, I'll try that.

Quote:
[424] 21-04-16 22:19:38 CEST
Daze
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 4 + 5 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #639
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Zybo looks at Daymar for a moment, then says "Belay that. I don't have time".

He continues on to his lunch.
Day doesn't wait to be told twice, and quickly gets out of there, catching up with Pothi. "Sorry about that, what were you saying about the pooka pooka, Pothi?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.