Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
kaijubane

Default Exotic Source of Energy Reserve

Hello my dear GURPS fellas, I'm new here. I've been scanning the Powers book and found no rule applicable to a rare power source modifier. I mean, if I need an exotic or hard to get item to recharge my Energy Reserve, how it would affect the cost of my power? And what if this power increases my attributes? I'd apply the modifiers to the attribute cost or there are special rules for these situations? Thanks and see you around.
kaijubane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Exotic Source of Energy Reserve

Special Recharge (-70%) on the ER. Attributes would have Costs FP and Can Only Be Powered By Energy Reserve.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:37 PM   #3
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijubane View Post
And what if this power increases my attributes?
Yes, you can buy attributes with Limitations. It's very similar to building abilities with Advantages. Just pick the Enhancements and Limitations that reflect the concept that you're building, and apply those to the cost of the attribute.

It's possible to buy some attribute levels without those modifiers, and others with. So, you can be strong (e.g, ST 12 all the time, costing 20 CP, like any character), and stronger when you invoke your special power (+3 ST for a total of 15, with a base cost of 30 CP, plus the modifiers). Or strong, stronger (with some modifiers), and strongest (with more of those modifiers like Costs FP, or even different modifiers entirely if that makes sense).
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
kaijubane

I'm really grateful, my friends :D
kaijubane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
energy cost, energy reserve, power ability