Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #101
Skullcrusher

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Randall will enter further into the building steering clear of the open door he entered. He will make his way to the other door in the warehouse but keeps an eye out for others.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #102
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The warehouse: Randal Kane

Randal makes his way slowly though the warehouse, trying to find where the door is. He rounds a shelf and finds the other door.

And a gunman at 5 yards who fires even as Randal peers around the corner. His caution and skill with tactics pay off, as a barrage of bullets pass through where he would have been. They are quite loud, and its possible a few of them are ricocheting off of the thin steel shelving. Only one gunman fired, but it only makes sense for there to be more. Randal also noticed two things -- the gunman seemed to know where Randal was, but had a relatively poor aim.

Randal didn't get a good look at the shooter, but he seems to be relying on the dark to shield him from view.

GM rolls:
(Per from previous post still active)
stealth
tactics
tactics (per-based)
dodge (at large bonus for cover and expecting it)

Ketty and the Plumber: Jack Brown, Marcus Savage

As the two are leaving, Ketty yells out the door:

"Just what are you doing on my property? Shoo! Get out!"

Shawn Fen: Bro. Man and the Hermit

Shawn: Its not my fault. OK -- what do we do now then?

Shawn lives in a mildly poor neighbourhood, with both parents and one younger sibling. He has a fairly good family situation compared to most the people Brother Man works with.

GM Rolls:
Diplomacy (To calm down shawn)
Pyschology (assisting in calming down)

Three Fae: Marcus Savage

Marcus rumages around for his two by four -- he wants a nice long beam. There's plenty of garbage wood and what not, but there aren't any really long two by fours. He does find a nice one about 6 feet long, but that's part of the boarding up, not the garbage. There's enough nails and plywood for him to cobble something together, and one dumpster has a long cardboard tube -- but everything will either be 6 feet or less or awkward as a weapon and rather fragile.

Marcus tries to be gentle and quiet as he tears the wood off a window, and creeps into the building. Its going to be close quarters, at least on the upper levels. There don't seem to be any webs on the upper levels -- or at least he doesn't know about any. He heads downstairs into the basement -- there are at least two floors underground, and perhaps a third that serves as a cellar and repository for plumbing and who knows what else. The monsters are on the upper of the two last floors.

Each floor consists of a long hall that runs the length of the building, with identical apartments off to each side. There are 16 units per level. In the centre of the hall is an open area, about 10 feet across. On the first floor this served as an entrance. And the end of the hall is a stairwell, leading either up or down.

The tough demon is standing in the open area in the middle of the hall. It is wearing (or has as part of it) a set of tough, spiked, styled, metal-looking armour, more artistic looking than practical. Its about 6 and a half feet tall and heavy set -- large enough to be intimidating, but just barely small enough to make onlookers wonder if its human or not. The eye holes in its helmet are dark. It wields a large sword in one hand.

Marcus can tell the spider is in the front room of the unit just to the right and forward of the large demon -- and clinging to the ceiling of the floor below.

Position notes: Each door is 7 yards from the next, so you are just under 30 yards away from the demon. The spider is about 5 yards away from him and one yard away from the wall separating the rooms from the hall.

Please note what he has in each hand.

GM rolls:
scrounging
tactics
per
forced entry (penalty for attempt to be stealthy)
stealth

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #103
the_matrix_walker

"I'd be happy to move along, or some and explain myself, as you wish... Good luck in the election."

Depending on her response (verbal or by her body language) Marcus will head back to her or the car.

Marcus has the length of wood, his "feeling stick" in his left hand, and a Throwing Axe in his right.

OOC:
Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #104
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The ER treated her normally. One of the techs asked "Really, have you tried changing your diet? something is obviously wrong". Typical.
I'm sure it will turn out all right. I'm just glad they finally managed to figure it out in time. Am I ready for discharge yet?
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:36 AM   #105
Skullcrusher

Randal lifts his SMG and blasts away at the gunman.

Guns SMG 15-2 for range +2 for 10 rounds torso -0 = 15 or less (3d6=10) hit by 5 means 3 hit.

Damage #1, Damage #2, Damage #3 (2d6+1=9, 2d6+1=12, 2d6+1=9) all X1.5 after armor.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #106
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There are two stairwells, positioned at each end of the hall. Marcus is currently right at the stairwell, and 30 yards from the demon. If he uses the other stairwell he will still be 30 yards away.

he has not found any webs yet, but has only checked the ground floor.

Blind Fighting --- hmm. Blind Fighting is designed to be used against foes that move via hearing, touch, and 'even smell'. I'm going to say that he can detect all within a yard if he's moving at a speed of 1/2 yard with an unpenalized roll. When moving at 2 yards/sec or under he takes -2, and in combat or when moving faster than 2 yards/ sec he will take a -4 penalty. Detecting at 2-4 yards requires focusing on a specific location, a concentrate manuever, and a small amount of noise that caps stealth at 15 (though he could disappear in later rounds, and its only if he's trying to detect at distance). detecting a web in combat is not penalized if he is about to run into it, but he will only find out at the last moment.

Cover in the hall is restricted to doors leading to the apartments. If he wants to take the full 30 yard shot he may be able to hide in the stairwell though. If he can draw them into the rooms there will be a lot more cover.

Each unit has a front room/kitchen occupying the first 3 yards of the unit, with a hall leading to the back. On one side of the hall are two bedrooms and on the other side is a bathroom. Only the back (and larger) bedroom has windows. The bathrooms are in pairs, facing each other and on the same side of the unit as the kitchen (so each floor has eight sets of back to back bathrooms). The doors are slightly offset. The center area is used for several different things: public sitting areas, laundry hook-ups, and an office -- and there is a fire escape off the back part of the upper center areas.

Code:
    >,v,^ indicate doors

--------------------------------
    |  kitchen |    bathroom       |
    |          |_____  ____________|
    >          >      ^     |      |
    |          |-- v ---- v |      |
    |  front   |  bed   |    bed   |
    |  room    |  room  |   room   |
    |          |        |          |
    --------------------------------

(clarifying action and situation)

There is a line of shelves with metal backings running east to west. the door is on the east side of the warehouse. Randal is currently covered from enemy view by the back of the shelves. At least one shooter is paying attention to his exit on this row. He figures there is at least a 70% chance of there being a second shooter available for this fire fight. Is this attack:

An attack from behind cover?
A pop up attack?
A step out into the open and fire away attack?

Code:
>,v,^ indicate doors 
r = randal
x= shooter
- = shelving
| = wall of warehouse

--------------       |
             r       |
--------------       |
                     |
--------------       >
                     |
--------------       |
             x       |
The Murder Investigation: Laura Night

Tech: "As soon as you sign here. The doctor recommends bed-rest for at least 48 hours."

The next morning, she has an email from cherion asking about how the investigation is coming.

Ketty pauses. She seems to at least be listening to what he's saying.

"What were you doing in here any ways!"

GM rolls:
Reaction for Ketty

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #107
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Randal step around the corner and opens up with a burst of fire.

His target ducks back around the shelving. Two bullets miss, and the third hits the shelving -- who knows if it actually hit his target or not.

A burst of fire from the other side of the warehouse propels bullets at Randal from behind. three bullets tear into his vest.

GM rolls:
Per -- success. May now defend from other shooter.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #108
the_matrix_walker

Three Fae:

Marcus heads back upstairs and tries to see if there are a few windows that can be uncovered to let some sunlight in... Thinking that if pursued, he can lead the demons to the area to put them at a disadvantage... If there is some plywood or a tarp to be found that he can jury rig to cover the window back up until they are in position, he'll set that up. (He will also abandon his "feeling stick")

Once he's picked out his fallback position (and set his "Light Trap" if that is possible) he'll return to the stairwell.

If still undetected, he'll ready his bow and an arrow, and aim for 2 seconds and fire at the creature's torso.
Skill 16, Acc 5, Balanced Arrow +1, aim bonus +2, 30y Range -7, total Effective Skill - 17. (3d6=16)
Willow Leaf Arrow Damage (cut) (3d6-1=11)

Ketty and the Plumber:

Marcus approaches the doorway.

"Sorry to trespass, but I think we have a mutual acquaintance... "

Marcus glances around, but Jack is no where to be seen.

"Apparently he was visiting you, and caught on to you plumber's unique nature. I don't know why he didn't come to you... but he asked me to come help check it out. Not sure where he got off to now, he was here a minute ago...", Marcus Glances around again, "but basically, I just came to make sure that you weren't in danger. Your guy here is supernatural, but he's not a monster, so no hunt here, but better a false alarm than not checking it out and finding a body count later."

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-05-2015 at 03:47 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:07 AM   #109
Skullcrusher

Randal runs to rows over positioning himself just behind the shelves where the first shooter is in front of him. (see location in red)

OOC: I assume you mean the next time the guy behind him shoots he can defend.

Code:
>,v,^ indicate doors 
r = randal
x= shooter
- = shelving
| = wall of warehouse

--------------       |
                     |
--------------       |
                     |
--------------       >
             r       |
--------------       |
             x       |

Old 03-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #110
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

"'the words of the wise and their riddles...' I am sorry Shawn. I don't think this is your fault. Whatever is following you, it is dangerous, but if the Lord wills it we will hunt the hunter."

(to the Hermit)

"Something has been following the boy. A fae who appears as a wild animal, or perhaps a fae and a cursed working together. Whatever it is, it moves fast and has thus far avoided direct contact."

"They are but harbingers and minions, though the descriptions may be useful. One does not win a war by ignoring such after all. As you seem to be his protector I leave it to you. I can hide him for a few years outside of Time or perhaps let him wander the world as a Raven for awhile in hopes they wont be able to find him. Or you can keep an eye on him and wait till they strike."
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote