Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2017, 07:03 AM   #13
Bruno

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy RPG template formatting

This is a really natural notation for folks who have played games in the World of Darkness style, where (hypothetically) any skill can be used with any of the nine attributes. If a hypothetical 5e were to roll around and we were allowed to slaughter some sacred cows, changing skills to just note relative skill level would definitely be my suggestion. This will call on the GM to ask for a "DX plus Traps" roll or an "IQ plus Traps" roll, rather than just Traps, but I don't know that it's a big burden to say it that way.

OTOH, GURPS 4e doesn't really have a lot of options for where to float your skills to compared to the nine for World of Darkness. Further, the nine WoD attributes were on equivalent scales so floating rolls to Strength didn't produce as wonky results as floating to ST could in GURPS. And in practice many WoD skills didn't really float around much.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy