Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #11
Elendil

Default Re: "Will not attack" monsters

What if my character doesn't fulfill the "will not attack" requirement, but I get help from someone who does? e.g. male munchkin facing Amazon gets help from a female. Does the monster leave then?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #12
Clipper

Yes, the helper counts. It would also leave immediately if you played a female Hireling.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
Elendil

Does facing a "will not attack" monster count as a Combat, allowing me to discard any curses applying to my "next combat"?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Does facing a "will not attack" monster count as a Combat, allowing me to discard any curses applying to my "next combat"?
Yes, because you did face a monster, however briefly.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 07-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
What if my character doesn't fulfill the "will not attack" requirement, but I get help from someone who does? e.g. male munchkin facing Amazon gets help from a female. Does the monster leave then?
In this case, who gets the treasure from the amazon? The male that encountered, or the female helper? I assume the helper since that is the reason for the non combat.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
In this case, who gets the treasure from the amazon? The male that encountered, or the female helper? I assume the helper since that is the reason for the non combat.
No. It gets added to the pile of Treasure that will be drawn at the end of the combat and then distributed according to the deal that was made for helping.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #17
Muse23PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
No. It gets added to the pile of Treasure that will be drawn at the end of the combat and then distributed according to the deal that was made for helping.
But if the Amazon leaves the combat there is no Treasure to be distributed because she wasn't killed... but there's still the matter of the treasure she gives, but for me it's clear that the treasure goes to the woman because that's the reason for the Amazon to leave an it is stated on the card that when she leaves because she was facing a woman she gives a treasure to the woman and leaves... so the treasure goes to the player that is female... that's my understanding
Munchkin Legends
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #18
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse23PT View Post
But if the Amazon leaves the combat there is no Treasure to be distributed because she wasn't killed... but there's still the matter of the treasure she gives, but for me it's clear that the treasure goes to the woman because that's the reason for the Amazon to leave an it is stated on the card that when she leaves because she was facing a woman she gives a treasure to the woman and leaves... so the treasure goes to the player that is female... that's my understanding
I can certainly see where you are coming from, but your interpretation is incorrect. It has been ruled upon officially that the Treasure she gives is added to the pile of Treasure that is drawn at the end of combat (there may be other monsters to increase this, or it may end up being the only one).

It's also in the FAQ:
Quote:
Q. What happens when a Wandering Monster comes along that would ignore or befriend one player in a fight, but not the other? For instance, when the Wandering Monster is an Amazon and one player is female?
A. When one player helps another, the monsters do not fight the players separately . . . so if one player is female, the wandering Amazon would donate a Treasure and leave without fighting. Likewise, the Stoned Golem makes a bad Wandering Monster because the victims can just ignore it, unless one of the combatants is a Halfling. (Remember that Treasures always go to the main fighter to distribute according to whatever agreement was reached.)
Note the parenthesised statement at the end.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #19
Muse23PT

When I read that I agree with you but I think that it only applies when there is more than 1 monster to fight...
in that scenario the treasure given by the amazon is added to the pile of treasure to be distributed in after the other monster is killed... but if I was the female going to help I would only do it if that treasure was mine and negotiate how to distribute the rest of them.

If the Amazon is the only monster on the table to start and a female comes to help a male making it to run away, she only gives a treasure... I think in that case the treasure goes to the female because that's the only incentive she has to go help the male because no other treasure will be received from making the amazon go away
Munchkin Legends
Old 08-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #20
Mister Ed

The female offering help can certainly point that aspect out and insist on it as the cost of her assistance, but it is not automatic.

No matter HOW a monster is eliminated in combat, any treasure resulting from it goes to the combat owner to be distributed according to the agreement they had with the helper. There may exist some card that causes treasure to go to somebody besides the combat owner, but if so that will be explicit on the card.
Closed Thread