Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-12-2020, 03:31 PM   #11
Varyon

Default Re: [Magic] Enchanting A Better Bra

Another option is the indestructible (or at least more-resilient) bra, for the purpose of preventing wardrobe malfunctions (for optimal functionality, combine with indestructible panties or similar). Whatever material/enchantment/whatever is used on it is typically going to be a lot less heavy/expensive/etc if it covers only what, say, a bikini top and bottom would, as opposed to trying to cover the entire Torso. Depending on how skimpy you need to make the coverage, this may well be an inner layer of some more traditional undergarments. Optionally, this can mean some attacks will have to deal with markedly more DR than normal, although the poor coverage means this isn't something to rely on.

Men can, of course, use the same methodology to have indestructible underwear of some sort.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:54 AM   #12
Tinman

A corset with a bra built in lends it's self to being enchanted to give more DR & protection to the wearer.

I have to mention that when I saw bra of holding my thoughts were of women who keep all sorts of items there & increasing their cargo capacity.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #13
Plane

Also worth noting that a bra is a weapon (MA224) therefore we are not limited to armor enchantments but can use weapon enchantments too, so Loyal Sword / Quick-Draw / Dancing Weapon / Defending Weapon / Weapon Spirit / Ghost Weapon are all obvious musts.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:18 AM   #14
Tyneras

I've been working with Sorcery lately for a lot of enchanted items, and this thread inspired this one. Would be cast as a buff or enchanted into an accessory or tattoo.

Invisible Bra
Accessory: Invisible Bra (magical) [1]
DR 1 (Tough Skin, Bra area only, magical) [1]

Provides all the protection and support of a tough bra without being there. Prevents any chafing, sagging or pinching, popular with barbarians in chainmail bikinis.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:41 PM   #15
DanHoward

Impromptu catapult. Enchanted to enable launching of two items simultaneously with no penalty.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #16
Stormcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Invisible Brapopular with barbarians in chainmail bikinis.
A bra is the last thing the wearer of a chainmail bikini needs!
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:12 PM   #17
DemiBenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
A bra is the last thing the wearer of a chainmail bikini needs!
Wow, that’s not true! Chainmail bikini has no support whatsoever, and so you really need a bra unless you’re “lightly endowed”. And since mail is heavy, you REALLY want external support.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:28 PM   #18
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiBenson View Post
Wow, that’s not true! Chainmail bikini has no support whatsoever, and so you really need a bra unless you’re “lightly endowed”. And since mail is heavy, you REALLY want external support.
I've also heard that lining for the chainmail bikini is crucial.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:01 AM   #19
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I've also heard that lining for the chainmail bikini is crucial.
That depends on how well-made the maille is, but in general, yes.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:38 AM   #20
scc

Hi all, sorry for the long time in responding to all these posts, but for some reason right now I find getting the focus (or something) to post a bit difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
The amount of eventual sagging may depend on whether the space they're put in has gravity or not, and how big that space is (if it's just big enough for the material that fills it, it could still provide support if there's gravity to support against).
Magic says 35 cubic feet per pound of weight, so plenty of room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Alright. Here's the obvious one:

Bra of Enlargement/Shrinkage: Enlarge/Shrink Other (or would it be Enlarge Object?) enchanted on both cups of the bra, increasing breast size by a size modifier specified by the enchanter. The variant Bra of Permanent Enlargement/Shrinkage makes effects permanent after being worn for 100 hours. Unfortunately, the mage working on this was killed by the Duke after it was discovered he enchanted a cursed codpiece.
Cool, not what I was after when I asked for other options, but still cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Could be combined with an illusion spell that makes it look like they're still there, but still immune to being targeted.
Could work, but my thinking was that you couldn't show off your own cleavage, or wear garments that relay on you having boobs. Also raises the cost of the item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Too bad M67 "Lighten" only works on objects... actually M143 "Lighten Burden" is also only for equipment, not body parts...
Lighten Burden as an Enchantment may be cast upon a backpack, and it's not unreasonable to assume that it could be cast upon other containers, like a bra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbrown419 View Post
Well it would definitely have a market. My wife had breast reduction surgery because hers caused significant pain due to their size.
Problem for women like your wife is that if it's an actual bra she only gains the benefit while wearing said bra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Slightly off topic, but a Gadgeteer PC in my Supers campaign did this technologically. She made herself stinkin' rich by using her force-field technology to create a perfectly customizable and comfortable bra.
I mentioned this, or at least a magical version of it, as an option, but stated that it probably wouldn't be comfortable because of inflexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
I've been working with Sorcery lately for a lot of enchanted items, and this thread inspired this one. Would be cast as a buff or enchanted into an accessory or tattoo.

Invisible Bra
Accessory: Invisible Bra (magical) [1]
DR 1 (Tough Skin, Bra area only, magical) [1]

Provides all the protection and support of a tough bra without being there. Prevents any chafing, sagging or pinching, popular with barbarians in chainmail bikinis.
Sorcery isn't real good when you want to know what something would cost to make.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote