Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-19-2020, 05:23 PM   #1
hcobb

Default Weapons Expertise vs Armor

Weapons Expertise lacks the note under Fencer about armor.

So if your armor reduces your adjDX below 12 you still have the use of it?

Whataboutism: DX 12, Dagger Expertise, Thrown Weapons, Leather armor. Do the expertise bonuses only apply to throwing the dagger in this case?
Old 04-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Axly Suregrip

Default Re: Weapons Expertise vs Armor

Hi Hcobb,
Since Weapon Expertise has no limitation on AdjDX (as Fencing does), I would say you can still use it with a lowered DX.

I think this was the intent of separating Fencing from Weapon Expertise. Fencing skill is more about speed. Expertise with a battle axe would be very different. I agree with the prereq of DX=12+ to have a starting minimum competency and not have the added AdjDX=12+.

"Whataboutism: DX 12, Dagger Expertise, Thrown Weapons, Leather armor.": I would say this person has all the bonuses Dagger Expertise provides even though his AdjDX=10. I would also say he could know but not using Fencing since the AdjDX is less than 12. And with regards to throwing the Dagger he gets the +2 DX and quick draw from the Thrown Weapons skill in addition to the +1 damage from the Dagger Expertise skill. That sounds like a nice combo of skills, specially if you are already having to have IQ 11 for physicker or thieving.
Axly Suregrip is offline   Reply With Quote