Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-05-2015, 04:48 PM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Blog: Worlds Beyond Earth

RPM:Permanent Rituals Calculator

The RPM enchantment system now has a public calculator. I hope it will make using this system easier.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #22
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Saranders

I have another Alien species for you: Saranders, large salamander-like creatures at home in shallow water. They should fit into any campaign with aliens, being just at the edge of a mostly humanoid universe and yet alien enough to not raise any eyebrows in a setting where walking on two legs and using sight as the primary sense is rare.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Tools for Casting RPM

These are a set of tools mages can buy to augment their casting in RPM. Its a completely priced system, with no point expenditure. The tools include:

• multi-ritual grimoires
  • Tools to expand range and duration
  • A tool to store energy for later
  • A version of power stones
I hope you enjoy it.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #24
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

How to use your Techie

In MH certain templates seem to get more love than others. The Witch and the Inhuman have really taken off. The techie -- I realized I wasn't quite sure how to play an effective techie. Or even how to GM a monster hunter's gadgeteer. So I put some thought about how a gadeteer in MH should operate. And this is what I came up with.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Letters as Dice

I don't need this anymore, having gained a smart phone, but in the era before super mobile computers, this was a technique I used to play anywhere! The implementation is included.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #26
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

MH: Android Inhuman

Monster Hunter's 5 had four inhuman templates. But the race I wanted to play the most was actually the android, given just a single box of its own and barely mentioned otherwise. So I had to make one.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Mystery Seed Generator

Having read G: Mysteries, I found myself both wanting to play and at a loss for where to start. My solution was to take the elements listed in gurps mysteries and build a random generator to give me a seed to work with.

I've found it surprisingly effective. Where I was flailing around and rejecting ideas before, now I have large piles of questions I can actually answer. As the answers build up the story comes together. In addition to the example I quickly typed up on the main page, I've built other mysteries with this generator. It stokes my creativity.

And so I present it to you. I hope you find it useful.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #28
Johnny1A.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Another monster. This one actually works best as a demon for once, and fits standard Monster Hunters better than the other monsters I've made.

Is your PC playing around with demons, sure in his wards and compulsions? or do you need to bring back that set of demons that was so much fun last time? The Mage Slaver is here to help you -- a demon that preys on experienced summoners rather than ignorant ones.
This is good. It makes magic dangerous again, and it's plausible. After all, somebody somewhere had to write down all these ancient rituals and spells and the knowledge had to come from somewhere. The most logical source has always been the people who benefit in some way from it being used...
Johnny1A.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Crawler

This is another alien write-up. It actually came to [0] points, which surprised me. Crawlers are somewhere between a snake and a centipede, and while they are blind, they have excellent senses to use underground or in other situations where light isn't an option.

The goal here was an alien that was alien merely because it lived in a different environment than humans. I hope you enjoy it, both as a new alien and as an example of how to build an alien species in GURPS.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #30
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Soul Gem Magic

Another magic oriented as technology, Soul Gem Magic is about preserving a memory of another after they die -- as well as their skills! Soul Gem magic is particularly interesting in its effects on society: Is it an actual soul? if the only way to live after death is to die is a special circle, what measures will people take to ensure they don't reach oblivion?

Tags
blog, blogs