Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-26-2020, 05:19 AM   #1
Malfi

Default Infinite Worlds: The World with the highest Magic

In the Infinite Worlds setting what are the worlds that:
a) Have the most varied supernatural power set like magic/chi and psi?
b) Have the strongest or most skillfull users in these categories.
c) Are generally the most magical overall, not just the inhabitants but also ecology/geology?
Malfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Infinite Worlds: The World with the highest Magic

Its worth noting that there isn't a restrictive list of worlds that are in Infinite Worlds, and GMs are encouraged to add their own. My Infinite Worlds settings are likely to have different answers for these questions especially as the official infinite worlds settings are mostly about alternate history with some weirdness and links to other books thrown in. As such, it isn't especially magic heavy ... but it could be.

I suspect the most varied magic systems belongs to the Madlands world, which is not listed but is provided as an adventure hook in the Infinite worlds book. Another possible option is International Super Teams. If you want the magic to be more widespread and systematic, you might want to look at Merlin-1

I'm not sure what you mean by "Strongest or Most skillful". I suspect you'll end up picking some world with a few very strong creatures. International Supers Teams is an option, as are Elder Things from one of the Taft worlds. There is an old (non 3rd) pyramid article about doing reign of "fire" rather than reign of steel, with dragons instead of AI. Or some random world that offhand happens to have a functional Diety.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #3
Malfi

Default Re: Infinite Worlds: The World with the highest Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its worth noting that there isn't a restrictive list of worlds that are in Infinite Worlds, and GMs are encouraged to add their own. My Infinite Worlds settings are likely to have different answers for these questions especially as the official infinite worlds settings are mostly about alternate history with some weirdness and links to other books thrown in. As such, it isn't especially magic heavy ... but it could be.
Yes I meant from already published worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I suspect the most varied magic systems belongs to the Madlands world, which is not listed but is provided as an adventure hook in the Infinite worlds book. Another possible option is International Super Teams. If you want the magic to be more widespread and systematic, you might want to look at Merlin-1

I'm not sure what you mean by "Strongest or Most skillful". I suspect you'll end up picking some world with a few very strong creatures. International Supers Teams is an option, as are Elder Things from one of the Taft worlds. There is an old (non 3rd) pyramid article about doing reign of "fire" rather than reign of steel, with dragons instead of AI. Or some random world that offhand happens to have a functional Diety.
International Super Teams makes sense as does Merlin-1 though I guess I could see grandmasters of the Cabal being better at magic or psi than even the best mages in Merlin-1.
Mentioning the cabal, what would a psionic grandmaster of the cabal look like? (Apart from propably having a shaven head)
Malfi is offline   Reply With Quote