Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Achnod

Default A question on how to use items and helping others

Hi, I am having trouble understanding the rules regarding items. It might be due to a language barrier as English is not my primary language.

I just need some clarification as to how you can use the item cards.

For example, let's say that I am an elf and in my hand I have an item that can only be used by dwarfs. Can I put this card on the table, sideways and consider it as a carried item. It will not give me any bonuses but it will be carried?

Secondly, when someone teams up with you to win a fight, how are the treasures supposed to be shared? Are the cards supposed to be drawn face up and the player who was help will decide which treasure he picks or are the cards drawn face down?

Thank you
Achnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: A question on how to use items and helping others

You may CARRY any number of small items (and generally only one Big item, unless something lets you carry more), and the ones you aren't USING are turned sideways to show that they aren't giving you a bonus. So yes, you can carry an item that is only usable by a Dwarf even if you are an Elf, you just turn it sideways.

As for treasure distribution with a Helper, any time you win a combat with a Helper, the Treasures are ALWAYS drawn face-up. How they are distributed depends on what kind of deal was made when the Helper agreed to Help. Usually, in our games, the deal will include not only a NUMBER of treasures, but also specifics of when they are chosen, so you might agree to help for two-treasures, picked first and third, for example.

If you just agree to help for two treasures, and that's all you say, I would think you would leave yourself open to getting whatever two treasures were left over when the person who drew the treasures (which is always the person whose combat it is) was done taking what THEY wanted.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Achnod

Default Re: A question on how to use items and helping others

Thank you very much, it cleared up a few misunderstanding for us.

Last edited by Achnod; 03-12-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Achnod is offline   Reply With Quote