Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 04-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
Jason

Default Re: List of Canonical Word-Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug View Post
So combining Jason's political comments with RM's word assignments, we might get the Angel of Medicine (a servitor of Jean) who reports to the Angel of Healing (a servitor of Novalis)? Does this sort of thing happen anywhere in canon, or so people always report only to other angels of the Superior?
Hm. I'm not sure I've seen anything like that in canon, but there are still a few books (in the Revelations Cycle) I don't own (yet)...

Usually, when you see two celestials with such closely related Words working for different Superiors, it's in the context of a power grab between Superiors. Like, I think it says in Superiors 2 that Alaemon sponsored a Demon of Secret Shame to usurp power from whoever had the Demon of Blackmail (probably Gebbeleth). I could potentially see the Angel of Medicine being a Servitor of Lightning specifically concerned with promoting human scientific advances for well-being, and taking a dim view of some happy, huggy, hippie Angel of Healing working for Novalis or Zadkiel, who wants angels to spend more time "coddling" humans directly.

In a more cooperative version of Heaven, though, I don't see any reason why the Angel of Medicine couldn't be closely associated with the Angel of Healing, working for different Superiors. Healing is a bigger Word, but Medicine isn't small by any means. I could see Medicine being assigned "on loan" to Healing on certain projects as an associate or assistant, if not a Servitor.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
ISNorden

Default Re: List of Canonical Word-Bound

Despite the word "canonical" in the title of this thread, it's hard to resist plugging my own house-rules version of Raphael. An Angel of Doctors in this variant setting would serve Raphael directly, and is likely to have "honorary" attunements from Jean, Yves, or both.

Last edited by ISNorden; 04-25-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: finally fixed that link!
ISNorden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
word-bound