Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
naraht

Default Final Judgment question

Celestials with a word normally have rites or other effects of being worded that they both themselves have and can give to celestials who work for them. But I'm not sure if it is explained what that means to Daniel and Hutriel.

So what does having the word of Final Judgement actually *do* for them? 1) they've got Dominic's Personal Cell phone number (+zillon to summon on both TN & CD). 2) They've got enough word forces (25+(?)) to probably take down a Minor Prince together. 3) My guess is that they've got Yves Divine Destiny 4) Know whether Destiny/Fate/both/neither have been achieved. Anything else official?

Also are there angels that serve under FJ? (Note, if there are, that might be a neat place for angels of Divine Death to "hide") and if so, what do they get?
naraht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
PenitentDemon

Default Re: Final Judgment question

I dont think theirs any angels under them.

I DO THINK however, they have some kind of rite, or attunement that lets them respire essence in hell.

LIkely some kind of attunement that lets them lay hands on a spirit and send it on its way.

they have a very tragic very lonely existence.

On second thought while they dont ahve any angels WITH them, they can probaly summon in a small legion with the snap of a finger, just in case demons every make a CONCERTED Effort to remove them.

Last edited by PenitentDemon; 03-22-2012 at 12:14 PM.
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenitentDemon View Post
they have a very tragic very lonely existence.

On second thought while they dont ahve any angels WITH them, they can probaly summon in a small legion with the snap of a finger, just in case demons every make a CONCERTED Effort to remove them.
Yep--there's got to be one serious reason the denizens of Hell put up with their existence at all, and I doubt it's a sense of fairness.

Maybe they themselves are gates/wormholes, with the other end in Dominic's personal chambers, with his personal guard. Maybe this is how he runs into Asmodeus without getting too much resistance--by going through Daniel and Hutriel and meeting The Game at the gate.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
PenitentDemon

Oh hmmn hows this sound for Rites simply as an intellectual curiousity, as I DOUBT they'd ever teach ANYONE these rites.

"stand at your appointed post doing your duty, without complaint, unwaveringly almost unthinkingly" 1 essence

"Save a Soul not truly worthy of Damnation and grant him heaven, Reincarnation, whatever" 5 essence

hmmmn attunements

I see 2

first hmmmn.

"Long Vigil"

Hutriel and Danyiel Guard the gates of hell and could not do so with thout this attunement. As long as they Stand Watch, They can respire essence normally in hell
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
word-bound