Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 01-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #81
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Bio-tech related Quirks and Perks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
It's still no different than making your child have curly or straight hair. It's too easily changed when adult to make sense even as a minor perk or quirk.
If your options are either Goku or Saitama, then that's probably a distinctive feature either way.

Also if it is fashionable, that's worth a Classic Looks perk.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:05 PM   #82
Astromancer

Quote:
It's still no different than making your child have curly or straight hair. It's too easily changed when adult to make sense even as a minor perk or quirk.
No, uncontrollable hair syndrome is different. The shape of the hair shaft makes any attempt to groom the individual's hair, even with moose or heavy hair products simply impossible.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #83
Flyndaran
Untagged

Okay, I didn't realize this was a supernatural trait. My mistake. (I really have been scramble-brained lately.)

Last edited by Flyndaran; 01-25-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #84
Astromancer

Quote:
Okay, I didn't realize this was a supernatural trait. My mistake. (I really have been scramble-brained lately.)
No, not supernatural, just much messier than it sounds. People with this syndrome can't groom their hair. It's caused by easily understood factors and a constant bother.

Ancora Imparo
Old 05-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #85
Astromancer

I saw a photograph of a man whose toes were as long as most people's fingers. That led me to realize that odd physical proportions could be either a Quirk or a fairly troublesome Disadvantage. Try using a spacesuit designed for humans if you don't have human proportions.

It's a completely logical and suitable problem for Transhuman Space.

Ancora Imparo
Old 05-10-2019, 07:52 PM   #86
Flyndaran
Untagged

It's hard to find properly fitting gloves when you have short fingers and long palms like me, or the reverse like my GF and "your" guy.

For a few years as a youth, my arms were long enough to scratch my knees without bending. If kid me needed such a spacesuit, I would have been quite absurd looking.
Quirk: Monkey shaped? ;)
Old 05-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #87
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
I think bees can see light polarization. That might be one some people want. Not sure immediately what you'd use it for.
Sense of direction is one thing. Polarized light would be great for spotting many things not normally visible to the naked eye. However, many things would look weird to you. Good luck telling the difference between realistic and abstract paintings. Polarized Light Eyesight would make the brushwork standout and hide most images.

Ancora Imparo
Old 05-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #88
Flyndaran
Untagged

It would also make it trivial to tell water from mirages, I believe. So it could prove useful for a "primitive" hot desert template.
And in it allows one to locate the sun even behind heavy cloud cover making it useful in the desert's opposite for naked navigation.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:11 PM   #89
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
I saw a photograph of a man whose toes were as long as most people's fingers. That led me to realize that odd physical proportions could be either a Quirk or a fairly troublesome Disadvantage. Try using a spacesuit designed for humans if you don't have human proportions.

It's a completely logical and suitable problem for Transhuman Space.
You don't buy off the rack in TS. You put on your fitting leotard and send in your order for whatever you want made to measure. See the vigniette about the skullcat.

Now maybe if you're poor and living 3rd wave it might be a problem but you probably don't have a spacesuit if you are.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:18 AM   #90
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
You don't buy off the rack in TS. You put on your fitting leotard and send in your order for whatever you want made to measure. See the vigniette about the skullcat.

Now maybe if you're poor and living 3rd wave it might be a problem but you probably don't have a spacesuit if you are.
I was thinking of emergency spacesuits. This is an adventure game so spaceship wercks, which would likely be vanishingly rare, would still afflict the PCs. Also far more than clothing is shaped to the proportions of "normal" human bodies. Oddly proportioned limbs, hands, and feet, could trip you up at odd moments. It is at least a quirk.

Ancora Imparo