Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-31-2015, 02:02 PM   #3381
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Obatala catches the gesture and picks his way gingerly through the crowd. Ligeia, the peacock woman, attempts to follow him but he nudges her away. She keeps coming back, persistent creature she, and he pauses to persuade her away. They're close, but not quite close enough to overhear as they are speaking quietly and closely to each other.
Mitch takes the time to say to Corat "So, we just need to find out what Mo-Mo is doing here right? Or what Nightmares is up to?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:06 PM   #3382
Dalillama

Quote:
"Guys, I have a friend from Denmark coming around and I told him how the Japanese can party. Unfortunately he's coming here, now, just before lunch hour. Now I know how crazy this town is on a Friday night--can we get some of that going here now?"

The expats are game, and the professionals are damned good at their jobs. All it needs is a little sorcery. Maybe you should cut Ryuki off after his third drink...oops, fourth...
Glen taps Ryuki on the shoulder. "We need to call our friend and give him directions, remember? I'll be over in the corner doing that." He orders a pint of lager, picks a table that's least visible to the partiers (and hopefully staff), and starts drawing a summoning circle around the edge in beer.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:51 AM   #3383
tHEhERETIC

((Yong Yong is too frickin' adorable to boot out of the desk chair, so this will likely be shorter than it otherwise would have.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen taps Ryuki on the shoulder. "We need to call our friend and give him directions, remember? I'll be over in the corner doing that." He orders a pint of lager, picks a table that's least visible to the partiers (and hopefully staff), and starts drawing a summoning circle around the edge in beer.
The partiers don't care, and the bartender is easily persuaded with a few yen notes flashed his way. (Lest you think the bartender is cheap, the lowest yen note is the equivalent of 10 U.S. dollars) Ryuki floats between Glen and the group, smelling faintly of whiskey and toast. Not quite the tortilla chips he's been noshing on, but hard to tell for sure.

Another small group comes in but apparently they're locals and don't add much to the proceedings. It's nearly an hour later that the red-haired man walks in, looking like a stylish college student. He sees the occultic artwork on the table and announces loudly, "I'll drink to that!"

Odin, or at least a man of Asgard, is in da house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch takes the time to say to Corat "So, we just need to find out what Mo-Mo is doing here right? Or what Nightmares is up to?"
(ARgh! Wrong name! The Martin deTours loa is Babaluyu. Will fix that in prior posts.)

"That's...." Corat taps a finger, the name escaping him, "the reasonable one among the loa. If that were the Baron we'd be guaranteed a coal mine of pointless conversation with one diamond in it. He," indicating Babaluyu, "will at least be direct. The decision then comes down to time--we talk to him first, keep an eye out for Mo-mo to come back this way, and track him down if he does. The only drawback to that is that we may not hear his words to Misrule directly, so now Mo-mo can lie and try to yank us around too."

As the trio heads towards Babaluyu, there's some argument between he and peacock-woman about whether she should stay or go. He's in favor of her leaving.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-05-2015 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Mexican restaurant
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #3384
Dalillama

Quote:
Another small group comes in but apparently they're locals and don't add much to the proceedings. It's nearly an hour later that the red-haired man walks in, looking like a stylish college student. He sees the occultic artwork on the table and announces loudly, "I'll drink to that!"

Odin, or at least a man of Asgard, is in da house.
Glen waves to the bar. "Pick your poison. It's on him," pointing to Ryuki
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #3385
Puck

Quote:
((

(ARgh! Wrong name! The Martin deTours loa is Babaluyu. Will fix that in prior posts.)

"That's...." Corat taps a finger, the name escaping him, "the reasonable one among the loa. If that were the Baron we'd be guaranteed a coal mine of pointless conversation with one diamond in it. He," indicating Babaluyu, "will at least be direct. The decision then comes down to time--we talk to him first, keep an eye out for Mo-mo to come back this way, and track him down if he does. The only drawback to that is that we may not hear his words to Misrule directly, so now Mo-mo can lie and try to yank us around too."

As the trio heads towards Babaluyu, there's some argument between he and peacock-woman about whether she should stay or go. He's in favor of her leaving.

Mitch pauses a polite distance away for a moment allowing them to wrap up their "discussion." He whispers to Corat "Any sign of Mo-Mo yet?" Once Babaluyu and the peacock woman have wrapped up he approaches him "Might we have a moment of your time?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #3386
chumley1013

[QUOTE=tHEhERETIC;1856359]"No, no Feds, not at all. I'll go get the set." The man walks out the front door and returns with an jelly-colored desktop, chips and wires exposed dangerously from a punched-in corner of the case. The video card and modem are both cracked all the way through. "Don't worry about the data. It looks like it's probably safe." ((edit: 2000 era iMac, not a PC))

Cameron studies the laptop. "I could likely rebuild it, new case, soup it up, make it go faster......" She is regarding it as one would would handle an old toy from their childhood. "Or else just pull the hard drive and transfer the data to something a little more.........modern. Your call."

She smiles sweetly as she lights another cigarette.
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #3387
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Quote:
"No, no Feds, not at all. I'll go get the set." The man walks out the front door and returns with an jelly-colored desktop, chips and wires exposed dangerously from a punched-in corner of the case. The video card and modem are both cracked all the way through. "Don't worry about the data. It looks like it's probably safe." ((edit: 2000 era iMac, not a PC))
Cameron studies the laptop. "I could likely rebuild it, new case, soup it up, make it go faster......" She is regarding it as one would would handle an old toy from their childhood. "Or else just pull the hard drive and transfer the data to something a little more.........modern. Your call."

She smiles sweetly as she lights another cigarette.
Tishbite has to think about this. These "machines", souped up, might work better. Be more powerful. Be harder to control and even harder to duplicate. But if they could replicate...? He imagined sentient, angry, demonic Tribbles and put away that thought as fast as he could. "Nah, keep the repairs minimal. It's vintage, plus I've made a couple modifications of my own and I worry about...debugging the thing if those get rearranged too much." He starts looking around Cameron's place, not opening drawers with his hands but more or less doing so with his eyes. Cameron would see that she is in the company of a fellow computer fixer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen waves to the bar. "Pick your poison. It's on him," pointing to Ryuki
The Dane sidles up to Ryuki. "Easter?"

"Resurrection--three days, yeah. The term is a bit vague."

"The party's a bit weak."

"Your appearance, and so promptly, is well appreciated." Flattery with a backhand.

"Show the All-Father a little respect, odd fellow." A note of menace, but said smoothly enough the bystanders don't notice.

"Let's have more to drink, enjoy the moment. Then we can talk business. Unless you're in a hurry. If anyone complains about your presence, you were summoned. If no one complains, you came to liven up a party."

Odin takes his time following Ryuki back over to where Glen is, kissing girl and boy and beer mug alike on the way.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #3388
chumley1013

Quote:
Tishbite has to think about this. These "machines", souped up, might work better. Be more powerful. Be harder to control and even harder to duplicate. But if they could replicate...? He imagined sentient, angry, demonic Tribbles and put away that thought as fast as he could. "Nah, keep the repairs minimal. It's vintage, plus I've made a couple modifications of my own and I worry about...debugging the thing if those get rearranged too much." He starts looking around Cameron's place, not opening drawers with his hands but more or less doing so with his eyes. Cameron would see that she is in the company of a fellow computer fixer.
"I've got the tools and parts if you want to give me a hand or look over my shoulder. The last thing I'd want to do is f**k up your rig." She smiles, gingerly picking up the battered laptop and taking it to one of the spare bedrooms, where an obvious computer lab has been set up. There's a shelving unit full of bins of parts, a large desk, and a table that she's set up as her workspace. "You ready?"
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:30 PM   #3389
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch pauses a polite distance away for a moment allowing them to wrap up their "discussion." He whispers to Corat "Any sign of Mo-Mo yet?" Once Babaluyu and the peacock woman have wrapped up he approaches him "Might we have a moment of your time?"
Babaluyu is gracious, as he always is. "Yes of course, though we may only have a moment. We are on Misrule's turf, and Ligeia is eager to get in his favor and my brother's." He doesn't say which brother.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:57 AM   #3390
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
The Dane sidles up to Ryuki. "Easter?"

"Resurrection--three days, yeah. The term is a bit vague."

"The party's a bit weak."

"Your appearance, and so promptly, is well appreciated." Flattery with a backhand.

"Show the All-Father a little respect, odd fellow." A note of menace, but said smoothly enough the bystanders don't notice.

"Let's have more to drink, enjoy the moment. Then we can talk business. Unless you're in a hurry. If anyone complains about your presence, you were summoned. If no one complains, you came to liven up a party."

Odin takes his time following Ryuki back over to where Glen is, kissing girl and boy and beer mug alike on the way.
...and ordering fantastic amounts of food. Ryuki blanches after a time, realizing a few things about the amount of it but not in a strong position to complain, not until they get what they want out of this guy.

Tags
in nomine