Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #1101
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
((No worries, I'm using Google too))

Sunae's eyes flare and she bristles ever so slightly. Forcing herself to remain calm she answers

"... Ajoshi ni modori, wareware ..."

Translation: I am not running. I am trying to be practical. It doesn't help that I am almost naked and burned, that's added attention we don't need. If Ajoshi returns, do we want whomever he brings with him to see you and learn your face? As for a circle...I don't know what you are talking about
"We're being rude." He switches back to English with no visible effort. "The lady here is embarrassed that her clothes have been burned" he leaves off the 'burned off' part, "and I can't give her my shirt. Any of you strapping big guys willing to help out?" He's careful to phrase the request to exclude Ruby. "And yeah, I think you should go tend to your wounds. I'll stay here a little bit and help clean up, figure out what to do with the two demons that Glen trapped."

Mitch will note it's not a direct lie, but it's a clearly deliberate mistranslation of whatever they'd been talking about.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #1102
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"We're being rude." He switches back to English with no visible effort. "The lady here is embarrassed that her clothes have been burned" he leaves off the 'burned off' part, "and I can't give her my shirt. Any of you strapping big guys willing to help out?" He's careful to phrase the request to exclude Ruby. "And yeah, I think you should go tend to your wounds. I'll stay here a little bit and help clean up, figure out what to do with the two demons that Glen trapped."
Sunae rolls her eyes and sighs as she goes into the house. She uses her last Essence, ((I think it's my last not sure...)), to Sing Healing on herself.

She looks around for something that can be used to cover herself. For a moment she considers the dead demon's jacket, but the thought of having something that a demon wore so close to her skin changes her mind quickly.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 03-02-2012 at 06:25 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #1103
Puck

Quote:
Sunae roller her eyes and sighs as she goes into the house. She uses her last Essence, ((I think it's my last not sure...)), to Sing Healing on herself.

She looks around for something that can be used to cover herself. For a moment she considers the dead demon's jacket, but the thought of having something that a demon wore so close to her skin changes her mind quickly.
Mitch quirks an eyebrow at the sudden flury of Japanise and raises it even higher at Ryuki's paraphrasing, but simply says "I turned off the gas in the garage so hopefuly it will vent and be less likely to explode." He follows Sunae to house, pausing to knock on the door if she's closed it "Would you like to borrow my coat? The sleeves will be a bit long, but you can roll them up." He holds out a somewhat rumpled suit coat.

OOC: Not sure how tall Sunae is, but I picure Mitch as being 5'10ish or so.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #1104
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch quirks an eyebrow at the sudden flury of Japanise and raises it even higher at Ryuki's paraphrasing, but simply says "I turned off the gas in the garage so hopefuly it will vent and be less likely to explode." He follows Sunae to house, pausing to knock on the door if she's closed it "Would you like to borrow my coat? The sleeves will be a bit long, but you can roll them up." He holds out a somewhat rumpled suit coat.

OOC: Not sure how tall Sunae is, but I picure Mitch as being 5'10ish or so.
She smiles and accepts it

"Thank you. I wasn't expecting to get burned. I owe Kane a new shirt..possibly a new belt. Oh well."

She puts it on and rolls the sleeves, then she goes back outside and looks to see who has her sword.

((Sunae is actually not that tall, 5'6"))
Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #1105
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Kane walks over to the garage, smiling as he overhears Sunae's comment. Then he opens the door -- both to let the gas come rolling out, and to study the situation.

Let's see -- me, Corat ... hard to say about Sunae and Ryuki and they do have mortal limits ... the Seraph looks like a toothpick but that could be a ruse ...

(OOC: From what he can see, does the group have enough muscle power to push, pull or especially lift the truck out of the garage without calling on any of Ruby's folks for help and potentially owing her a favor? Kane is Strength 8, if that helps figure things.)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:31 AM   #1106
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
She smiles and accepts it

"Thank you. I wasn't expecting to get burned. I owe Kane a new shirt..possibly a new belt. Oh well."

She puts it on and rolls the sleeves, then she goes back outside and looks to see who has her sword.

((Sunae is actually not that tall, 5'6"))
((So, who has the sword?))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane walks over to the garage, smiling as he overhears Sunae's comment. Then he opens the door -- both to let the gas come rolling out, and to study the situation.

Let's see -- me, Corat ... hard to say about Sunae and Ryuki and they do have mortal limits ... the Seraph looks like a toothpick but that could be a ruse ...

Ryuki and Corat walk into the garage, each a different flavor of impatience. Ryuki actually vocalizes it, "C'mon, let's push." Yet when you all (whichever 'all' that is) get to the tailgate of the truck, you have one rather serious obstacle: a pile of bleeding and burnt demon vessels, stacked like wood at the back of the truck.

Like a proper advertiser, Ruby has provided both the problem and the solution. She stands next to you all, setting no hand on the bumper, waiting to be asked to move the corpses.

Nisroc has once again slipped out of sight and into the house.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #1107
ladyarcana55

Quote:
((So, who has the sword?))
I thought we ascertained that Corat was closest to the house at the time? So he would have it.

Quote:
Like a proper advertiser, Ruby has provided both the problem and the solution. She stands next to you all, setting no hand on the bumper, waiting to be asked to move the corpses.
Sunae sighs and grabs the first corpse and throws it in the corner, and proceeds to clear the others.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #1108
Rocket Man

Quote:
I thought we ascertained that Corat was closest to the house at the time? So he would have it.

Sunae sighs and grabs the first corpse and throws it in the corner, and proceeds to clear the others.
Kane digs out some work gloves from a jeans pocket and helps Sunae with the work. The memories of his brief flirtation with humanity (pardon the phrase) lead his eyes to admire his work partner every so often, but now it's with a more artistic appreciation -- cleanness of lines, efficiency of musculature and so on. And yes, a little bit of "standard" attractiveness; this is a Creation angel.

At one point when he's sure only she can hear him , he whispers to Sunae, "You sure it wouldn't be an improvement to stack that there Ruby with the rest o' these guys?"

Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #1109
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
At one point when he's sure only she can hear him , he whispers to Sunae, "You sure it wouldn't be an improvement to stack that there Ruby with the rest o' these guys?"
"I never said it wouldn't be, but they made a deal so I suppose we should honor that. Besides, she's the one who is going to provide us a clean getaway, so I guess..."
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #1110
Rocket Man

Suffer not ... if it's my choice, Kane reminds himself. Sure, he didn't make any deal himself and doesn't plan to. But Corat and Nisroc are technically the ones in charge here, and if their decision is to hold off on Ruby for now -- he doesn't like it, but he'll grit his teeth and wait for the next opportunity.

Once the way is clear and the parking brake is off, he helps guide the ice cream truck out of the garage, watching carefully for anything that might cause dangerous friction. The gas levels should be down a bit, but still, no sense in takin' chances.

Tags
in nomine