Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #51
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: GURPS 2013 Wish List

A non-combat TDMs book.

A book of non-combat Techniques.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #52
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
I have submitted a DF (random roll) trap article to Steven for Pyramid. It was too massive to be included in the last issue of DF-themed Pyramid. It is done though. I hope to see it in print soon-ish.
Neat. I've been riffing off what I roll in Kellri's Old School Encounters reference (seriously recommended, even though it includes the crud from the Rogue's Gallery; it's free, so I can't complain), which comes off interesting, though now I have a trapped aquarium somewhere in my fantasy sandbox.

My GURPS blog.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 AM   #53
hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
A non-combat TDMs book.

A book of non-combat Techniques.
I agree with Molokh here. These books seem like they would be of most general utility. Power Downs also sounds good.

As for what I would personally like? Hmmm.... More than anything I'd like to get my hands on and get some use out of more of the many many great books already out there. But yeah, a Space Opera series in keeping with DF and MH seems to me like the most obvious thing that should be made.

You know, I'm actually a little curious about how much more there is to do that hasn't already been done. 4E is huge. I trust SJGames will find meaningful directions to expand 4E into, but I have some difficulty guessing what they might be myself.

Other obvious ones are things that people have long clambered for, Vehicles being the first to come to mind. Progress on that Post Apocalyptic series will be good to see.

“The limits of my language mean the limits of my world”
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #54
kalimar

When re-releasing 3rd edition books in PDF I would love to see an Addendum for each of those updating the rules & stat blocks to 4th edition. I would even re-buy supplements I own (and I do own most) for this. Or make this a separate offer (Addendum only). It's a lot of work to do this myself and I would pay good money to save the time and effort (and avoid mistakes).
Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #55
hal

While this doesn't come under the heading of "PDF's or Books", it does come under the heading of something that SJGames could publish.

What I'd really like, is either specific instructions on how the GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT works for the spells, or an actual utility that permits someone to customize their OWN GURPS spell list.

For instance, if a GM decides he wants to remove specific spells, or change specific spell requisites for his game world, he doesn't have any real hope of customizing his spell list per GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT. Ditto for equpment lists as such.

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
Old 01-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #56
Azrael

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
I'll repeat the desire once again for a disadvantages book, often going by Power-Downs. I just want it, regardless of the name. It should be what Powers did for advantages, but for disads - expanded rules and modifiers for disadvantages, some pre-built disadvantageous meta-traits (drawing from physical, mental, and superatural disabilities and diseases), an extensive quirk list, and possibly some new disadvantages.
I would like to see GURPS Power-Downs. I'll add that I most want to see GURPS Power-Downs: Limitations.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #57
vesper

Ok I am probably the only one interested but I would love

Gurps: Kingdom: A book of rule on running kingdoms (or democracies or whatever). Rule that will help players run a kingdom. It containing things like rules for taxes, resources, and dealing with other governments.

vsper
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #58
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesper View Post
Ok I am probably the only one interested but I would love

Gurps: Kingdom: A book of rule on running kingdoms (or democracies or whatever). Rule that will help players run a kingdom. It containing things like rules for taxes, resources, and dealing with other governments.

vsper
Its come up on the forums before so your not the only one.
Some support for this already exists but yeah I would buy that book. especially if it was cross TL.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #59
DAT

Along with GURPS Character Assistant V5.0, I'd like to see mouse/drop list driven template builder utility. So when the next great Pyramid article with a fun template comes along, rather than break out an editor (or wait for some one else to), I start up GURPS Template Assistant and build a template that I could then us in GURPS Character Assistant.

I'd also like to see the 3e GURPS Time Travel Adventures come out.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #60
gruundehn

For floorplans and adventure sites there is also DrivethroughRPG.com. The problem is that most of what they do has squares instead of hexes but that can be worked around.
What I want to see is a vehicles that covers all TL. The Ultr-Tech vehicles would be a problem but would be worth it for the folks who run space opera and science-fiction. BTW, I'd include pack horses and mules in Vehicles.

Tags
dungeon fantasy, gurps, horses, magic, monsters, wish list