Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2016, 07:55 AM   #41
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: DR (Tough Skin... No Signature?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallor View Post
They don't do that. Being loudly and persistently obnoxious about errata would be a problem, but it would be for the obnoxiousness, not the errata.

Also, it's legitimate to quote short extracts from rules in postings if this makes discussion clearer, as demonstrated in this thread and thousands of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
But if you post [errata] to the forums you should probably get used to people telling you they aren't errors, even when they obviously are.
Gamers exploit rules, even incorrect ones. And they cling to exploits that lets them do things they like.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #42
PK

Default Re: DR (Tough Skin... No Signature?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
They don't do that. Being loudly and persistently obnoxious about errata would be a problem, but it would be for the obnoxiousness, not the errata.

Also, it's legitimate to quote short extracts from rules in postings if this makes discussion clearer, as demonstrated in this thread and thousands of others.
Just quoting this to give it my official stamp of "yup." If something seems off, we welcome discussion of it.

(For the record, I've said all I have to say on this thread's topic, so don't expect me to weigh in on it further.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
But if you post them to the forums you should probably get used to people telling you they aren't errors, even when they obviously are.
That doesn't follow. If they were "obviously" errors, then everyone would agree. The fact that they don't means that the question is up in the air and it's important to find out why the others feel that way so you can judge whether you may be mistaken.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage resistance, no signature, tough skin