Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 01-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #91
stefanj

Default Re: GURPS Community Campaign & Adventure Repository

There's an RTF file now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseri View Post
I think it is for Copyright Reasons.
Not so much copyright as not wanting anyone to think it was official or endorsed or licensed.

I mention "Dungeon Fantasy" on the first page along with a disclaimer and use the redacted form thereafter.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #92
Exspartan138

A friend and I are working on our first GURPS campaign, (dual GM). We did something a little different with ours. Instead of letting our friends create their characters names, backgrounds and histories, they are playing as themselves.(One of our friends has a habit of creating "Lockjaw, the Salty Alaskan Crab Fisherdwarf" kind of characters famous for tearing nipples off.) Their histories remain almost the same as their real life counterparts, altered only for reasons specific to the game.

GENETICS WAR-Set in an alternate reality in 2017, the United States is going through a second Equality Movement, involving normal humans and the Mutants, humans who have an altered DNA allowing special and amazing powers.(Xmen meets Wild Cards). Mutants existed in small numbers, their existence remaining unknown until the early 1980's, in which their existence became known after a population explosion.

Now the Earth is in conflict, some nations attempting to control the mutants, others being taken over. The US has taken a neutral stand point, offering any refugee's homes and claiming equality for all, but the population is in disagreement. Individuals have risen up on both sides, some telling to make peace, others promoting violence.

This journey has taken our heroes from battling atop a collapsing Stratosphere in Las Vegas, rescuing a love interest in Seattle after Mount St. Helen goes code red, and crashing an alien mothership into the oceans to the South East, and revealing the source for the mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle.

With humans having access to advanced weaponry that only responds to human DNA and the near limitless possibilities of being a mutant, the heroes through out the journey found themselves almost turning on each other, the concerns for their particular kind often affecting the events that unfurled.

It is still a Work In Progress, but the main plot is laid out.
Exspartan138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #93
stefanj

GURPS Unnight is a classic adventure for GURPS, published in 1988.

Unnight: Thieves of Time is a "trunk manuscript" that's gone unpublished far too long. It's an expanded version of a "natives only" adventure that was dropped from the original GURPS Unnight.

You'll need GURPS Unnight to play this.

Download the RTF file by clicking on the link below:

Unnight: Thieves of Time

http://home.comcast.net/~stefan_jones/unnight_thieves_of_time.rtf
Old 02-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #94
JakeEscherRoels

I've got a campaign going with teenage supers ala x-men universe. Creative characters and loads of fun.
here
JakeEscherRoels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #95
Cernig

I finally got over to Obsidian portal and created wikis for a couple of my settings.

Beyond The Veil is a setting for modern horror and monster-hunter adventures.

Tethira is a high-fantasy setting - now in its fourth incarnation as it started with AD&D back in 1984. I've handed it off to my oldest son to GM, so that I get to play on occasion.
Cernig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #96
arconom

I ran a fairly entertaining one shot. Player characters were Nyarlathotep, an undercover cop, a SHIELD agent, an android with amnesia, and a vampire. Each player has a goal. Nyarlathotep wants to watch the rest of the characters suffer, so he makes it so. The cop is hunting a serial killer (the vampire). The SHIELD agent will attempt to recruit the vampire. The android is meeting a scientist who might have a clue about its past. The vampire wants food.
Once players get into character, it gets interesting really fast. I ran it as a zombie survival game, but Nyarlathotep has a lot more horrible things up his sleeve.
arconom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #97
Mr_Sandman

I just put some info on my Supers campaign Four-Color Blues up on Obsidian Portal. Don't have all my notes up yet. I hope to keep fleshing it out over time.
Mr_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #98
Gigermann

Added a new campaign, having just completed the first run, and synopsis:
Quote:
The Crusade: What I've dubbed a "sandbox procedural," a semi-historical campaign, starting in 1173A.D., featuring a group of travelers on pilgrimage from Normandy, France, to Jerusalem, gradually turning into a Medieval Monster Hunters campaign—inspired by the TV series, Supernatural—along the way. As a "procedural," this campaign doesn't gloss over the travel experience, but revolves around it—it will be many runs before they actually reach Terra Sancta, if they make it there at all (the "sandbox" part). My first campaign for a new Player-group, and first to be played online, using Fantasy Grounds.
Gigermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #99
Ego Archive

What Wakes / Around the city in 80 hours - A few months back I ran a Discworld based adventure, set in Ahnk-Moorpork. It was a rollicking romp through the city that never sleeps (or bathes) for a pair of cable street regulars (A recently developed investigative branch of the city watch) who were looking into the murder of a local dwarf; a young girl that communicates with the *dead, a Barbarian Librarian, and a strange Turnip Salesman that works for the man in black. It also featured a visit to the University, a drunken brawl with dwarves, Lizardmen, and Ahnk-Moorpork shaken to it's foundations.

*particularly, a recently dead dwarf

[DF]One Shot - Crevan Brokenhand's Last Rest

Towndale: A user generated fantasy town for any game system.
Ego Archive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #100
Michele

I'm going to post information about my campaign:

GURPS WWII: Their Finest Hour, here.

Tags
nigirea