Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #21
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Designing an Artillery piece - 3e vs 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by fula farbrorn View Post
that is actually something i have been thinking about, how come GURPS doesnt let blast damage do more localized damage, while a small blast like a handgrenade might not rip off limbs or such, larger blasts do carry with them a host of damage, for example occular or concussions
Gurps doesn't have general rules for detailed damage from very large area effects. It's up to the GM to decide if you broke your leg when you took 12pts of Falling damage.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #22
BraselC5048

Default Re: Designing an Artillery piece - 3e vs 4e

And there was the time I tried firing a HE bay missile into the cargo bay to clear it. Didn't do as much as I expected, since their positions weren't concentrated in the center as I had thought they would be. Using a big explosion in a vacuum, but that HE warhead has a filler weight of two tons. That's the equivalent of an extra high capacity light weight casing 8000 lb bomb. Yield on the warhead is 4 tons. Two tons makes for a lot of expanding gasses. Somehow forgot to run fragmentation damage. Oops.

Double oops - a (short) ton is 2000 lb, not 1000. Fixed it now, originally said 4000 lb.

Last edited by BraselC5048; 12-09-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Mistake on basic weight units
BraselC5048 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artillery, fourth edition, fragmentation, gun design, gurps wwii, third edition, wwii