Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2019, 03:08 AM   #1
scc

Default [Magic] Double Checking Some Rules Mistakes

So a little bit a go I was to post a question about how skilled most Mages are because I'd gotten a pair of rules missed up: I thought that the -1 QAD enchanting takes per person present was actually a general penalty that applies to all ceremonial casting, which kind of begs the question on how those ceremonies where hundreds or maybe even thousands of ordinary Joe's are contributing energy, well yeah I think I got this rule from enchanting, anyone disagree? And should I run with it? From a meta-physics stand point it makes a bit more sense, but I'd probably use the Size and Speed/Range table to determine penalty, substituting Yards for people present.

The other error I noticed has to with how fast QAD enchanting happens, I thought it 10 energy per mage per hour, but it's actually a flat 100 energy per hour, looks like I got confused because the examples always talk about the mages only putting in 10 energy each for some weird reason, despite the fact that there would be commercial advantage in being able to contribute more energy. Again, should I run with this?

NB: This took a turn for the strange, I wanted to double check the sources of my confusion and I end up asking if I should keep using the modified rules.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerstone, powerstones