Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
zoncxs

Default RPM list of spells

has anyone wrote up a list of spells using RPM? the cost and all the jazz, I know you can sit down and convert most of the ones found in magic but I would think someone would come up with more...interesting ways to use it.

also has anyone tried to do "styles" with RPM? it seems like to do it you would need to pick which path skill to be the "main" important one and then have a list of spells that use it, giving you the option to purchase the ritual mastery perks for each of those spells and taking the style familiarity.

and/or make a new perk for each ritual mastery that reduces the cost to cast the spell by a fixed amount. make the prerequisite be to have the ritual mastery of the spell and have the path skill at 20+, and for every 5 skills above that you can buy another level to reduce the cost. most likely it would be 1 plus the total amount of modifiers the spell has, so if the spell cost 50 and has 3 modifiers then it would be reduced by 4 making it 46.

maybe even make another advantage that reduces the greater effects by 1 level. most likely 10pts per level? and it would require the the lowest path skill to be either 20+ or 30+ (sounds better).

...I want to play a game using monster hunters...
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
Anders

Default Re: RPM list of spells

What does RPM mean?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Exxar
MIB

Ritual Path Magic, the new magic system PK whipped up for Monster Hunters.
Exxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
zoncxs

I just thought of something else too. like use a vow along with the style so you can focus more on your style of magic.

say a healer, someone who only uses magic to heal as the style of magic, has to take "vow: only use magic to heal" and add pact to the ritual adept (since anyone with magery can cast spells but only those with ritual adept can do it fast). this way if the healer uses the magic for anything other than "healing" they lose the ritual adept part like normal for the pact limitation.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monster hunters, ritual path magic