Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 11-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
kahrnivor

Default Adding money at character startup

I see the options to modify points etc. but not to add more starting money. This is probably easy and I'm missing it.
kahrnivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Default Re: Adding money at character startup

You can either trade points for money or buy Wealth.

Or, if you are the GM, you could just give each player more money to spend.

Oops. You were talking about adding it in the software, not by the rules, weren't you? I wasn't paying attention to which subforum I was in.

Last edited by Dragondog; 11-26-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
ravenfish

Under the Attributes tab, one can edit Money and, via Modifiers, add or subtract any arbitrary amount.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #4
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenfish View Post
Under the Attributes tab, one can edit Money and, via Modifiers, add or subtract any arbitrary amount.
I'll have to try that out. That sounds a lot simpler than what I've been doing.

EDIT: Yep, it works like you said. I've missed that for years. Thanks!

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 11-28-2018 at 10:19 PM. Reason: tried it
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
ravenfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
I'll have to try that out. That sounds a lot simpler than what I've been doing.

EDIT: Yep, it works like you said. I've missed that for years. Thanks!
Glad to be of help. I sometimes feel like what GCA needs, far more than a new version, is a comprehensive manual for the features of the current one.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Glad to be of help. I sometimes feel like what GCA needs, far more than a new version, is a comprehensive manual for the features of the current one.
A manual would be nice. What I think we have is a couple of talented and dedicated people who, unfortunately, are in a situation where they're trying to do the work of a whole team. I certainly understand there's economic realities involved, so I'm very appreciative of what we do have.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #7
ravenfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
A manual would be nice. What I think we have is a couple of talented and dedicated people who, unfortunately, are in a situation where they're trying to do the work of a whole team. I certainly understand there's economic realities involved, so I'm very appreciative of what we do have.
Oh, I'm not complaining- GCA is clearly a labor of love, and its people have done remarkable work on quite a small budget. I'm merely reflecting- there's many features built in that I've discovered only by chance, and I'm sure other features I've failed to discover, and, clearly, I'm not the only person in this situation. Perhaps someone ought to start a Wiki so users can compile what they've learned.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #8
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Perhaps someone ought to start a Wiki so users can compile what they've learned.
I added a wiki to my GCA site years ago, and tried pushing it for a while. Some kind folks contributed early on. But after the initial bit of interest there was little traffic other than constant spam, and the spam got so bad that I eventually had to require logins. It's now been sitting there untouched for years, but it is still there.

You are welcome to contribute there. You are welcome to start your own wiki, if you think that's a better option. You are welcome to start a thread here linking posts of advice or help. I would like to support users helping users when and where I can.