Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default [IC] Lost in Dreams (Lucy)

Lucy Silver dreamed of ... well, its kind of hard to describe them. Machines somewhere between a stage coach, a locomotive, and a spaceship, zipping around the place, glowing blue light coming from exposed glowing bars of metal that seem to be propelling the contrivances along and levitating them just above the ground-- or ocean. Other machines took to the skies properly, bulky and compact, but staying up.

The city she saw had something of an old-school feel, Victorian if anything. Despite flags that clearly showed this was new jersey, she swore she saw an abundance of those who carried themselves like some of of aristocracy, followed around by black servants.

Lucy woke up to a loud shout. Lots of men laughed in racus, noisy voices. Lucy was naked, lying on a wooden floor, and definately not at home. The floor wasn't even polished, but rough. Hopefully she didn't have any splinters in her yet. She was behind some sort of couch.

The noise died down, and a voice continued what seemed to be a long speech. "So, after Bruce kills the senator, its important for all of us to fade away. It'll be obvious that this was all planned. The shot will be fired at exactly 6:32, so keep your watches synced. We don't want anyone getting caught..."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 04-14-2014 at 12:10 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
Grand Old Duke

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams (Lucy)

Lucy screams at first, the unfamiliar surroundings are a shock. She composes herself quite quickly but she's sure someone must have heard her. She quickly darts her eyes around the room, trying to see if she can find anything to cover herself or maybe a quick exit. Considering herself already discovered she doesn't see the harm in revealing herself, she peaks her head above the couch, using it to cover herself as best she can;

"Excuse me gents, any of you able to tell me where i am?"
Grand Old Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The room has one door, no windows, and is completely bare of any upholstery but the couch. There are 10 men in the room, all dressed for the time period of her dream. A few are dressed richer rather than poorer, but none are particularly bad, as far as she can tell...

several of the men swear, while others draw the guns held at their waist. Several look at the man dressed the nicest, who is completely perplexed and turning red.

One of the men, a large fellow with a nastily bent nose and two of his teeth missing, grins menacingly at her, and advances.
"Yes missy. You're in a lot of trouble."

Lucy has a very bad feeling about this.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
Grand Old Duke

How close is the door? If she can get to it without passing through everyone she'll try to leave as quickly as possible, if not she'll try and keep as much distance as possible between herself and the man approaching her. She looks visibly more panicked now. She thinks to herself;

"What the hell did i do last night"
Old 04-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The door is on the far side of the room.

As far as she can remember, last night was one of her more normal nights. She didn't do anything that would be considered crazy, not by anyones standards.

As she inches away from the advancing man, He grins wider.

One of the men with guns drawn interupts his advance. "Lets not make scene here. She knows she can't away. Miss, we're going to have to make sure you don't tell anyone one you don't heard. That can happen several ways. You can let us capture you nice and proper, and sit this thing out as comfortable as we can let you. Or you can let my acquaintance here wrestle you down, do who knows what to you, and eventually kill you, no doubt in some uncouth, bloody, prolonged and generally unpleasant way. Someone pull up a chair for her."

Old 04-17-2014, 07:08 AM   #6
Grand Old Duke

She stops backing away and stands there looking rather embarrassed trying to cover herself. She sounds a little exasperated;

"Ok, I promise i won't try to run away for now, but could someone at least find me some clothes and explain what the hell is going on"

She'll stay where she is until someone brings her some clothes (if they do), and then sit down to talk to the men. If she gets a chance she'll explain the last thing she remembers is going to bed after closing up the bar last night and mention that they all seem to be a little oddly dressed.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Her comment provokes laughter. The spokesman cracks a grin:

"Oh, we can get you a coat, but the last thing we're going to do is explain what's going on. You've heard enough as it is."

a coat, quite obviously a man's but long enough to cover most of her, is passed forward, taken off a man's back. Lucy sits down. The leering man with the bent nose looks disappointed. Someone is sent outside for some rope. Once she's sitting down, several of the men relax, though the speaker keeps his gun steadily pointed at her chest. One of the men turns to look at a rich man whose dress is more flagrant than the others:

"I thought you said this room was secure! what else do you use it for? is she yours!"

The man defends himself, saying he knows nothing about how she got in, that this must be one of his staff getting carried away. No one seems to believe Lucy's protestations that she knows nothing about this. Someone suggests that she's drunk, but others counter that she doesn't seem drunk. They ask her for the name of her bar, and they've never heard of it.

Lucy can tell they are feeling very guilty about her hearing any part of their conversation, and have no intention of letting her go. They eventually conclude it doesn't matter who she is or if she's drunk, they need a way to dispose of her. Various means are suggested, and quickly: dumping her body in the ocean. Giving her to a brothel. keeping her in the room until everything is over. Sending her on a ship or plane to a far off place. Each comment brings objections, jests, and ridicule: this appears to be a disjointed group without a real leader and without a united moral code. Some seem to delight in cruelty. Others are trying to minimize the blood on their hands.

her comment about strange clothes is recieved with raucous laughter and pointed fingers making fun of the other's clothing, whether the man with the sliver buckles on his shoes or the bandanna the crooked nosed thug wears.

About this time, the man returns with rope to tie her to the chair. Long Black Pistol hasn't wavered, and hasn't said much.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
Grand Old Duke

She interrupts the conversation just before the man with the rope returns, sounding a little nervous;

"Maybe I could, ya'know, help you guys with whatever you're doing, surely that would be better for everyone..."

The man with the rope returns;

"...and is there really any need to tie me up? It's not like I'm going to escape anyway."

(ooc: rolls against diplomacy/fast talk to put the group at ease/convince them she could help are probably appropriate here)
Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

SteadyGun: "Given that you just asked that. Yes, we need to tie you up."

CrookedNose: "I'd find her quite helpful"

CoatGiver: "Shutup before I tell her your name. Just what could you possibly do for us missy."

SteadyGun: "And how can we get an assurance that

OCC: Your rolls are good. You just need substance now. If you need help answering these questions feel free to consult the forum (including this thread's OCC or ask me to make stuff up along a certain line)

Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #10
Grand Old Duke

While she and the men are talking Lucy tries to get a measure of each of the ten men, trying to see if there are any who seem trustworthy or more amenable to her attempts at persuasion. For now she addresses the man who gave her the coat;

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
CoatGiver: "Shutup before I tell her your name. Just what could you possibly do for us missy."
"Maybe i should start by telling you my name, it's Lucy Silver by the way. As for how i can can help, well i can be very persuasive if you know what i mean..."

She smiles wryly

"...and i can cook a decent meal or mix you a drink, but obviously I'd need to know more before i can tell you how i could really help."

She now turns to the man with the gun;

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
SteadyGun: "And how can we get an assurance that"
"I'd be more concerned with why you trust each other, you don't seem to be able to agree on much else. But some of you seem like good men, you must have a good reason for wanting to kill this guy. Maybe if you can convince me you won't think I'm just helping you because i have to, and I don't mind people keeping an eye on me as long as it's not him..."

She glares at the man with the crooked nose briefly.

Tags
lost in dreams