Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #41
genin

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams [Gabriel]

[Gabriel will stand just outside of the gap (forcing the rat to come through the narrower gap) and take a Wait manoeuvre and then attempt a stop-hit if the rat comes close enough -- he will attempt a thrust with the burning stick -- he doesn't care where he hits the rat]
genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #42
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Gabriel hits the rat again ... but not without taking a nasty bite on the leg. Its not too bad, as he literally heaved the rat back ... but it hurt. The rat struck again, and Gabriel managed to get his foot out of the way .... but this can't be kept up long, particularly if he can't injure the creature. Anther heave sends the creature away from him ....

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #43
genin

[My apologies, I thought I had answered this before...]

Gabriel realizes that he won't be able to defeat the rat with his stick. He desperately looks around for a way to seal the gap in the fence. Is there any metal around? If there's a way to seal the gap, Gabriel will attempt that.

Also, is the fence easily climbable by Gabriel and/or the girl?

Failing any other options, Gabriel will draw one of his knives. He will attempt to slow the rat's third charge with the stick [Wait manoeuvre with stop hit] and then stab at the rat [all-out attack (double)].

What is the girl doing throughout all of this? If Gabriel has a spare moment he will glance about to see how she fares.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #44
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There is a piece of fence close by, but gabriel is unsure that he can leave the gap for long enough to move it without letting the rat past.

The fence is easy for him to jump, and the girl can either wiggle through the gaps, climb over, or be lifted, but its not going to be super fast. And with his foot bitten, its going to hurt. The fence looks decorational, though it is certainly proving to be an obstacle to the rat.

The girl has stopped walking away and is crouching against a nearby bush (3 yards away), watching Gabriel and the rat struggle.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #45
genin

Gabriel will motion for the girl to move toward the fence and say, "Get close to the fence."

As quickly as he is able, Gabriel will retrieve the piece of broken fencing and attempt to put it in the gap.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #46
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

It takes some gesturing, but Gabriel gets the girl closer to the fence. He flips the rat over again, then picks up the iron piece and heaves it towards the gap. It becomes apparent he's not going to get it closed in time, but he's already there with the iron, and the rat is already mostly through the gap. The creature is trying to run around Gabriel, presumably to get the girl.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #47
genin

Well, this situation is less than ideal. Gabriel wants the rat trapped inside the city. But he is prepared to deal with things as they have unfolded.

Gabriel will frantically motion for the girl to get through the fence.

He will attempt to grapple the rat as it tries to pass him in order to impede it from getting to the girl.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #48
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

What will he do with the piece of metal in his hand?

Old 03-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #49
genin

It depends, is it small enough to be of use as a weapon? If so, Gabriel will try to smash the rat with it. If not, is it feasible to hurl the metal in the rat's way? If neither of those things are true, then Gabriel will just drop the fence piece as soon as he realizes that the rat will win the race through the gap in the fence and try to grapple the rat as it runs past him.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #50
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Gabriel throws the heavy piece of metal forward, landing on the rat's hindquarters. The creature gives a shriek that sounds nearly human, and green sparks and smoke fly from the point of contact. It squirms to get out from under, but the iron has sunk into its hide and it seems to have no strength there.

The little girl has clapped her hands over her ears and is crouching behind Gabriel.

Tags
lost in dreams